GreaseSpot Cafe

google.com logged in

HAPe4me

its 12:15 am mtn time, and i see google.com is logged in at GS? I couldn't PT them though.

Do they have a password?

~HAP

Listing them by "last click" it says Google.com is contacting a member by e-mail, and they have been doing it for 30 minutes. Dang, that is longer than one of ron's posts!

I wonder if it isn't more sinister. Several times ove the past few months I have had a delivery failed message on my yahoo mail account- I know its not google but I figure that gmail is propable similar. The Yahoo message has almost if not all the adresses in my mail account and often several I don't recognize. I figure its a worm or something like that. I wonder if the same things are hitting gmail, hotmail msn etc.

Google is just indexing the site. It follows all the links to see where they lead.

They're not sending PMs or email. Google's BOT has no idea what each link leads to, so it follows them to find out. When it accesses the link, it just shows up as them being there.

Thanks Belle, I think it comes down to my brain not understanding what GreasyTech said because in my limited understanding I can't understand how you can follow something to an email or private message. Posts, yeah sure! But that other part I can't seem to make sense. And gawd only knows why it bugs me anyway. ;)