GreaseSpot Cafe

Has TWI II Really Changed

Gillian Rules

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the question is, has TWI II really changed.....

Kinda hard to say, being on the outside. Maybe it would

be best if others still with contacts on the inside had some

"red meat" for the rest of us.

Personally, for me not being out too long, the answer is

both "yes" and "no." :blink: In general and vague terms,

the things that I found extremely attractive about twi (the love

for people, passion for truth, excitement, joy, freshness, etc.), then

the answer is YES - and therefore we left.

In relating to the extreme boringness of the teachings, research meaning

rehash and review, considering people expendable and like a comodity,

having no life outside of twi with the Way Corps being exasperated people

who no one wants to be like, etc. - the answer is NO - and therefore we left.

Maybe some people changed, which hopefully is a good thing for those still in.

However, ask the question why people change? Because something is not

working, results are not evident (yet desired) and one acknowledges this.

Until twi and the individuals who are in it acknowledge that things are not

working, and there are no results (joy, power, dynamic outreach, etc.), then

they will not change.

Patriot,

I can attest that as of a few months ago nothing had changed. I still have contacts that are "in" and they are as exasperated and bored as ever. It is a shame to see people allow their lives to be drained of the love, joy, peace and abundance that God wants them to have as they try to hang on to the lifeless body of twi. I say lifeless because twi has isolated and cut themselves off from the rest of the Body of Christ. TWI is now the stick that they used to say we were!

Has TWI2 really changed?

In the Art of War (a book written thousands of years ago), it says:

All Warfare is based on Deception.

So... NO, I don't think TWI2 has really changed. It is just taking one step back on their old tactics and wait for the right time they can take 2 or 3 steps forward to go at it again with the same old tactics or worse.

All Warfare is based on Deception.

So... NO, I don't think TWI2 has really changed. It is just taking one step back on their old tactics and wait for the right time they can take 2 or 3 steps forward to go at it again with the same old tactics or worse.

You've nailed it, imo, FFC! Their standard m.o. is to relax the reins and just when everyone starts getting "comfortable" again, they start tightening them up again. The thing is, they don't have to relax them as much each time because the TWIts have gotten so far away from true freedom that they don't realize that they are still being controlled even though TWI is telling them that they have gotten "kinder and gentler".

It's like the prisoner of war who thinks his captors are being so much nicer because they no longer keep him in a 3 ft x 5 ft cage - NOW they let him sleep in a 10 ft x 10 ft room. How mighty nice of them! See? It's so much better! You should come back!

You've nailed it, imo, FFC! Their standard m.o. is to relax the reins and just when everyone starts getting "comfortable" again, they start tightening them up again. The thing is, they don't have to relax them as much each time because the TWIts have gotten so far away from true freedom that they don't realize that they are still being controlled even though TWI is telling them that they have gotten "kinder and gentler".

It's like the prisoner of war who thinks his captors are being so much nicer because they no longer keep him in a 3 ft x 5 ft cage - NOW they let him sleep in a 10 ft x 10 ft room. How mighty nice of them! See? It's so much better! You should come back!

Reminds me of those post-fog years (1989-1992).....

After the dust cleared from lcm's loyalty letter......the trustees were SO FRIENDLY AND APPROACHABLE to all those who stayed with twi. The anal protocol issues were brushed aside and the "head table announcements" were low-keyed. Meals at headquarters were more like "the BRC days."

WELL.................by mid-1992, the OLD WAYS HAD RETURNED WITH A VENGENCE.

And, after lcm was ousted in 2000.......what has rosa-lie done to change twi, really???

:unsure:

I really loved our twig in the 70's. Everything was so spontaneous and God inspired. We really enjoyed just hanging out with the Word at the center and focus was on prayer and getting needs met. The signs, wonders and miracles were there all the time. I think it depended on the people you were with and the quality and love of certain leaders who were really in it for their love of service.

Now they do not serve anything but .... and they are rapidly going down the tubes. Boring is not the Word for it. Remember sincerity is NO guarantee for truth. IMHO :rolleyes: