GreaseSpot Cafe

Rock of Ages 1993 - home video

royal-gorge

Like driving by a carwreck, I couldn't NOT look, but oooooh, did that creep me out!

You did a nice job of filiming it and all, but, oh gawd, the subject matter. I had no idea I could still feel that icky looking at WayWorld. Kind of cross between and endless Amway meeting, listening to a "Pat Boone's Greatest Hits" album, and talking to the Jehovah's Witnesses on your porch (shudder)...

The last ROA I went to was 78, the first year at HQ.

It wasn't near that organized or nice and planned.

The tent section was little areas crowded with tents. The showers ran burning hot to cold. You didnt stay under the flow.

HQ buildings were completly diferant as I remember.

Port a pottys were everywhere.

It was hot and dusty. I met up with a friend who was coming back from her wow year.

So many things started changing for me that ROA.

I was raised at HQ and New Knoxville. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it more than I can express.

Most will not understand why I am fond of the images. Most have other childhood memories, other towns they can visit, other people from their past they can still talk to and other landmarks they can still visit. It is like finding more childhood memories.

I am thankful for the childhood I was given.

I am thankful for the freedom of my adulthood.

That was the last ROA I attended.

May 1994 was the last month I lived at HQ.

Welcome LIV, I still have dreams about hq. I only spent roa there every year, and with just the yearly visits.... I have fond memories , so I understand having grown up there why it would be so special to you.

It was the only place that was a constant in my life for almost 15 years....it was where I met my friends every year, people that I loved as family that I never saw otherwise......hq seemed like a magical enchanted place....the center of my universe :)

I've only had time to watch the first one, but man... I didn't think it would hit me like it did...

When I heard Mrs. Weirwille say "Welcome home! It's good to be home again!" and then JP singing "Weirwille Road and Highway 29" - I got misty-eyed. The Rock was the highlight of the year - I really missed it once they were stopped and the advanced class meeting that replaced them were NO replacement for the fellowship you got at the ROA (although I think the amount of work was the same!)

Hugs to you Royal for sharing that with us - I appreciate it...

Dang... the kids used the last Kleenex....

I understand the mixed reactions to the videos.

(I'm sorry that some people are having technical problems seeing the videos, I don't know what more I can do but refer you to their web site for technical help.)

I recently got a new computer that I can use to transfer all of my video tape to electronic format. I thought I would experiment with a few posts and see how it went. The Vidilife web site is free and was the first one I found that did video hosting. I'm open to suggestions if others know of a better way to share these.

I began my involvement with The Way when I was 19 - that was in 1979. Twenty five years later I quit. During that time I went WOW, and went through The Way Corps and served on staff at HQ for over seven years. I've lived at HQ, Indiana Campus, Camp Gunnison and Emporia. The only location I have no video for is Emporia. I have put all my "Way-related" video onto DVD and have over two hours total.

Even though I have no interest in ever being involved with The Way again, it was an integral part of my life for 25 years and I have many fond memories (as well as not-so-fond).

Your feedback is appreciated and I will post more as I have time.