GreaseSpot Cafe

The date 06-06-2006 is coming but what does mean?

year2027

God first

Beloved friends

God loves all you my friends

What will the date 06-06-2006 mean when it comes I say it just be another day closer to the return of Christ and the end of all things but what do you say?

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

God first

Beloved friends

God loves all you my friends

What will the date 06-06-2006 mean when it comes I say it just be another day closer to the return of Christ and the end of all things but what do you say?

thank you

Roy,

There's a little problem with your question.

Which calendar should we be using when considering the question...

The Gregorian Calendar, upon which we base our current reckoning of time, was not implemented until 1582.

The Julian Calendar was in use at that time...so if we were to remain consistent, the day 6-6-2006 (Julian) would be 6-19-2006 (Gregorian), by our reckoning.

Of course, we could be talking about the Old Roman Calendar...in which case 6-6-2006 (Roman) would have happened on 11 June 1253 (Gregorian) or 4 June 1253 (Julian -- since that was the calendar scheme in effect at that time).

Having said that, we could be talking the Hebrew Calendar...in which case, if my calculations are correct, 6-6-2006 (Hebrew) would have been approx. 5 Aug 1754BC (Gregorian).

And, on the other hand, if we're talking the Islamic Calendar, then 6-6-2006 (Hijri) won't happen until 5-4-2568 (Gregorian).

So which calendar do you choose to use to calculate such an auspicious date?

Personally, I think it would be wise to consider the above before wasting any time on figuring the significance of a date one way or another...

Perhaps Roy is interested in knowing if anyone has attached particular significance to this numerical occurrence based on some Way teaching which at one time had a fascination with "numbers in scripture". I recall Bullinger's book on the topic.

By the way for those interested in that , there is a free, online verion at http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/chap01.htm#15 . Note this is NOT an endorsement of it just to point out that its there.

There have been different calendaring systems in use throughout the centuries so numerical conincidences are more the result of man made calendars than any divine activity or schedule. I recall once seeing a cashier total up someone's order and it came to $6.66 and the customer looked at the cashier as if she were evil and the cashier looked at the customer with the same view. I guess each thought the other was the anti-christ.

6- 6- 2006 yep Belle and Moony we do need to have a it's here hurricane season party I will even write some new tunes how about.

1.Raf Keep On Tracking

2.The Cone Took My Phone

3.House Hunting AGAIN!!!

4.I Used To Live In Largo But Got Moved To Orlando

5.21 Days Without Power

5.If You Stay Pray

6.Should All Else Go Hang On To The Coffee Pot.

7.I Don't Have Insurance Blues

8.No Mail Delivery Today

9.Why Oh Why Did I Ever Leave Ohio

10 Locked In For Three Days The Baby Is Due 2-2007

Hey that will work

:eusa_clap:

Edited by TED Ferrell

OFM, I'll definitely take you up on your offer to cook, but you'll have to have your finger out of your ear by then! ;)

Oh, Ted, I can hardly wait to hear those!! Will Locked In For Three Days The Baby Is Due 2-2007 explain how that can happen when it's 100 degrees outside with 100% humidity?

The only think I can figure is those parents musta been some of the few with power or a generator.

We can put sleeping bags down on the floor in the living room and the Florida Room and just have one huge slumber party, too!

There's TONS of Floridians on the board here and who wouldn't want to come to Florida for a bonafide Hurricane Party? :biglaugh: Now, the 6th is on a Tuesday....would we rather do it the week-end before or the week-end after instead?

God first

Beloved likeaneagle, Jonny Lingo, CoolWaters, bowtwi, dmiller, nellie, socks, Jonny Lingo, moony3424, markomalley, Belle, diazbro, herbiejuan, and Zshot, and TED Ferrel

God loves you my dear friend

good to see you too CoolWaters

yes which calendar

My food as ran up tp $6.66 hope am not evil

you mean the devil not in a bottle

looks like a lot of big days coming even a party

great tones coming

sorry to all it took me time to answer I forget to check receive Emails when replys come then I forgot I wrote it sorry my dear friends

thank you

Edited by year2027