GreaseSpot Cafe

I'm sorry to Garth, LG and anyone else I disagree with

templelady

I'm putting this here although it had it's start in the doctrinal forum.

I'm really passionate about my beliefs when it Comes to God and Jesus Christ.

This last week I slipped over the line (as Mark so graciously pointed out --thanks Mark)

I became guilty of personally attacking posters that have I deep theological differences with

The sad thing is that I know better--I know the rules here--I know what it is to be attacked and saddest of all the posters I attacked - specifically Garth and LG-- are persons I have come to respect over the years. I may not agree with all they say but I have always admired their conviction and clarity of thought.

So to you two especially, and to anyone else that I have offended--I want to say I am sorry--Your cyberspace tresence in my life is something I have come to cherish, GSC is as valuable to me in may ways as my "real time" friendships.

Please forgive me for my hasty words and In-your-face attitude

(((((MO)))))

You have never offended me! I just wanted to say how much you bring to the cafe and how absolutely awesome I think you are. You have put up with some real vicious attacks on here and yet maintain your integrity and dignity. :love3:

We're all allowed to slip up every once in a while - well, we should be anyway. :) Some topics do get very heated and when we're especially passionate about the topic, it's challenging for any of us.

You totally rock, Templelady!

I've not taken anything you've written as an attack. You may have crossed some personal boundary, but you remained civil and didn't break any forum rules, so I see nothing for which you should apologize. I do appreciate your thoughtfulness and your heart, though.

Woot! Woot! :dance:

No problemo, Maureen, as I'm aware that I have crossed (Nay! break danced even) that line myself from time to time. (Oh, and I hope that you dind't think that I was referring to you as 'the dishonorable Romulan' with my Star Trek-based post :biglaugh: )

Religion is indeed a touchy subject to talk about, be ye a believer, or an atheist, or anywhere in between. And I imagine that points raised in challenge to such, even with an honest motivation, are going to rub quite a number of people the wrong way, even when there is no personal malvolence meant.

Ah well, best for me to endeavor to better watch where the 'mines' lay so-to-speak, and try to navigate my best around them.

... or at least be ready for them when they *blow*. :blink:

Cheers to you and yours! :beer:

...be ye a believer, or an atheist, or anywhere in between...
I was between a believer and an atheist once...oops, wrong forum :offtopic:

...but seriously folks...

While personal attacks usually indicate that we've run out of good arguments, it should be possible to vehemently disagree without mud-slinging. And it should be possible to present the rationale behind one's beliefs without getting defensive.Too often I see discussions ended because one person declares: "that's what I believe and nothing you can say will change my mind". Okay, great, but why are you in a discussion forum if you don't want to discuss? <_<

I've learned a lot about why some people believe as they do becuase they have patiently explained their position. I've also learned to patiently explain my own position as a result of questions from the peanut gallery.

Edited by Oakspear