GreaseSpot Cafe

zipcode finder for sex offenders

likeaneagle

WOW, I went to my city and checked on the map - I had no idea so many sex offenders lived in Topeka. How scary for our kids.

Does anyone know about the new law they are trying to pass - about making the sex offenders live outside the city?? They can't live within so many miles of the city or something. Boy, talk about "we live in a fallen world" thing. I guess.

I found it in the disclaimer.

WARNING This site does not contain information on all convicted sex offenders! Information is only provided for sex offenders with risk assessment scores of Level 2 (Intermediate) or Level 3 (High)!

Here is what level 2 and 3 mean.

Level 2

Level 2 offenders have a moderate risk of re-offending. They generally have more than one victim and the abuse may be long term. These offenders usually groom their victims and may use threats to commit their crimes. These crimes may be predatory with the offender using a position of trust to commit their crimes. Typically these individuals do not appreciate the damage they have done to their victims.

Level 3

Level 3 offenders are considered to have a high risk to re-offend. They usually have one or more victims and may have committed prior crimes of violence. They may not know their victim(s). The crime may show a manifest cruelty to the victim(s) and these offenders usually deny or minimize the crime. These offenders commonly have clear indications of a personality disorder.

Edited by justloafing

I run credit and criminal reports on people every day at my job. In our town there are several and as just loafing said, some are 18 year old guys who have had "consensual" sex with gals that were maybe 16 or 17 at the time. Mom and dad find out, turn the guy in to the sheriff, voila, he becomes a sexual offender. Not sure I agree with this or not. But their photo and address are listed with all the offenders no matter what age their victim. I guess the law is the law and must apply to everyone.

I asked to be emailed from the offender site every time someone moves with a mile of my complex. There is a street about half a mile from us that has all kinds of offenders living on it. It really amazed me.

Showing a map with sex offenders' locations is good, but I'd like to point out that there are better sites, with more info. Just do a Google search for "your county name" +"sex offenders" and see what comes up. The site I looked at lists the perps' exact addresses and shows a photo of each creep, as well as his convictions.

Our office is maybe 1/4 mile from a huge men's homeless shelter where they send people who have just been released from prison. The place is crawling with sex offenders. (They blend in well with the murderers who hang out there.) The map found by clicking on the original link in this thread shows no sex offenders there, but I counted 23 and only went to C in the site's alphabetical list (by last name) of men living at that address. And there are two more men's shelters just a little farther from our office.

This was all part of our boss's brilliant plan to save on parking by moving out of downtown. So now we're in a creepy industrial area in a converted warehouse, surrounded by perverts!

Edited by Linda Z

Another sex offender locator

Go to this link and enter your street address...it will show a "house" in the middle of the map, that's your house... all the little colored boxes are registered Sex Offenders... click on them and you get a name, address & picture of the person along with his crime... shows you where they live in proximity to your home and the local schools.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, likeaneagle,

The county serarch led me to a "State Police" search. Exact home addresses are not mapped but at least I am able to obtain some information. All three people listed work in my city. That's important to know.

I still plan on writing legislature. We should be able to access info as easily as most of the entire country.

Thanks, again, for the good suggestion.