GreaseSpot Cafe

Is the foundation of TWI"s doctrines fear?

Mickey

Well, everything that was not TWI approved seemed to lead to devil spirits or other negative consequences.

If you didn't ABS you could expect financial and health diasters.

If you didn't spank those kids they'd grow up to be wacko Columbine shooters.

If you didn't obey leadership you walked away from God's protection.

If you held a bad thought in your brain (I envy my non TWI acquaintances) you build a groove that became a conduit for the adversary to slide a devil spirit in there.

If you considered the words of a M&A person, you'd get devil spirits.

Don't forget those evil angel statues.

I personally think it all started in PFAL. You know what killed that little boy...his mother.

While I am not exactly defending TWI, I have to admit that when I started, FEAR wasn't the foundation of the doctrines. At least that wasn't the case by how well I was treated at first. However, since ROA '94, it has been all about FEAR. FEAR of this..., FEAR of that...., blah, blah, blah.

It grew worse and worse as the screaming confrontations escalated as I had the misfortune of witnessing one in what was supposedly a night of mandatory twig meeting plus several doggings to everyone in the twig by the TC (Belle knows who that person is) quite a few times. I just had had it with it. I left, I escaped, I abandoned that place that was riddled only with FEAR not caring about what will happen to me when I left.

So as far the past 11 years, you can say FEAR is the foundation of TWI doctrines.

FFC, They ALWAYS treated you nice when you began involvement with twi.....you remember...protected the newbies from the teachings that they coudn`t *handle* .....no matter when that was (for me it was in 79) They waited for you to *mature* spiritually before they began the manipulate with the fear teachings.

But slowly the fear was always worked in.....If you don`t go wow you cannot grow spiritually....you may lose the word it will have fallen on rocky ground......fear

Musn`t go home after wow year.....you might die spiritually because no one is there to fellowship with...fear

If you do not obey your leader in every particular no matter how outragious, you might become posessed...fear

If you didn`t tithe God couldn`t protect you....fear

If you didn`t go corpes you would be a disapointment to God and not ever amount to anything...fear

If you spoke up when being mistreated....you were considered un meak and contentious...you might become posessed....fear

If you are involved in wow or corpes you have made a commitment to God...if you break that vow you will become posessed and die....fear

Last and worst of all was the teaching that if you didn`t abort your unborn child and finish your commitment to God...you would face the consequences of disobediance and betrayal to God.... complete with every record in the scriptures of the graphic death and destruction that befell people who didn`t honor their vows....FEAR

ALl personal examples backed scripturally, all occuring before 1986.....

Yeah I`d say there was a bit of fear involved.

Edited by rascal

I was just wondering how many of TWI"s doctrines have fear as the main ingrediant or common denominator. :(

The one I saw personally was tithing ("you cannot afford not to tithe" etc etc..) and I overcame that fear when I experimented a little and quit tithing and discovered that God was still blessing me.

That was my experience, even though I cannot prove that tithing doesn't bless folks since there are others who have said so.

One of the very first things that I ever heard in way world was that the adversary would be on my tail if I signed up for the class.

It was always something like that, no matter what the situation.

Ive been involved with all sorts of people and organizations since my Waydaze but I have never seen one anywhere that is based so much in fear and superstition .

One of the very first things that I ever heard in way world was that the adversary would be on my tail if I signed up for the class.

It was always something like that, no matter what the situation.

Ive been involved with all sorts of people and organizations since my Waydaze but I have never seen one anywhere that is based so much in fear and superstition .

Yeah.........it started with signing the green card.

And, shortly after.......don't let the devil trick you and miss any sessions of pfal.

Seems like there were......small fears, medium fears, and BIG, UGLY, SCARY FEARS.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

FFC, They ALWAYS treated you nice when you began involvement with twi.....you remember...protected the newbies from the teachings that they coudn`t *handle* .....no matter when that was (for me it was in 79) They waited for you to *mature* spiritually before they began the manipulate with the fear teachings.

But slowly the fear was always worked in.....If you don`t go wow you cannot grow spiritually....you may lose the word it will have fallen on rocky ground......fear

Musn`t go home after wow year.....you might die spiritually because no one is there to fellowship with...fear

If you do not obey your leader in every particular no matter how outragious, you might become posessed...fear

If you didn`t tithe God couldn`t protect you....fear

If you didn`t go corpes you would be a disapointment to God and not ever amount to anything...fear

If you spoke up when being mistreated....you were considered un meak and contentious...you might become posessed....fear

If you are involved in wow or corpes you have made a commitment to God...if you break that vow you will become posessed and die....fear

Last and worst of all was the teaching that if you didn`t abort your unborn child and finish your commitment to God...you would face the consequences of disobediance and betrayal to God.... complete with every record in the scriptures of the graphic death and destruction that befell people who didn`t honor their vows....FEAR

ALl personal examples backed scripturally, all occuring before 1986.....

Yeah I`d say there was a bit of fear involved.

rascal,

you're right. To all newcomers, they use the same common tactic as all cults: LoveBombing.

However, I wasn't pushed or forced to go WOW after a year. I wasn't even pushed to go Corpse or even rushed and hurried up to take the AC. I wasn't pushed and forced to tithe even after 2 and half years, they always let me tithe whatever amount I could give. I could miss or come late to some meetings and they didn't hassle me about it.

It was in my last 6 months when there was a change in leadership (the corpses and the brown-nosers coming from HQ) in the Branch where I lived that they were pushing me to quit school to go WOW, were hurrying me to take the AC, were pushing me to tithe from any source of money (work, help from parents and financial aid for school), even going far as to make tithing mandatory at every meeting and to give as much as well as giving me a screaming earful when I come late to or miss a meeting.

Edited by FreeFromCults

It sound like your area was a little more relaxed then mine Free from cults....

I was in the class less than a month after meeting the wows and on the wow field less than 3 months after that.....The pressure never let up for the next 10 yrs.

There was always something else that God needed/wanted/required of me .... too not comply meant to dissapoint God and to be at risk spiritually and physically.