GreaseSpot Cafe

Olympic Game Should Have Beens

Wacky Funster

After pondering "curling" as an olympic sport, I figured I would let my imagination go with it and offer us a thread to stretch our brains into listing "sports", like curling, that should have been in the Olympics also...like:

Hammering...who can hammer a nail in a log the fastest.

Or, speaking of logs, how about a roll logging sport in a lake....who can stay up on a rolling log the longest....

I'm sure there are more...got any? :confused:

Sno-Jack-Sign-Modigy-6-12-0.jpg

Here are some of the rules and regs:

Some of the Race Sled Definitions: Gravity power only; One bar stool, mounted on two skis; Minimum height of stool with skis attached 27 inches; Maximum outside width of skis at their widest point 18 inches; Maximum width of individual ski is 5 inches and minimum width 2 inches

Some race rules: Push off from start line; Push zone is 23 feet long; Must ride stool sitting down in drinking position, butt on top of stool and feet not touching ground; Helmets are REQUIRED.

Would olympic bar stool slalom and bar stool jumping come next?? :eusa_clap:

Edited by dmiller

LOL...could be either!!!!!

I was thinking about skipping stones on a creek or lake. Who can get the most skips...Now, that takes skill!!!!!!

Or jump rope!!! Now that's no easy task...and then they could have competitors doing tricks in the jump ropes, flips and such...dontcha think? :P

Edited by Wacky Funster

how about wife carring?

we have it each year here in maine a t one of the big ski areas

the guy puts his wife over his shoulder and runs thriugh some kind of obstical course

the winner gets his weight in :beer:

"The 2005 North American Wife Carrying Championship took place October 8th right here at Sunday River.

Teams competee for a grand prize of the wife's weight in Redhook beer and five times the wife's weight in cash, plus a chance to compete in the World Championships in Finland.

This year's winners were Ehrin and April Armstrong of Brighton, Massachusetts."

wifecarry_1.jpg

hmmmm! :blink: :biglaugh: