GreaseSpot Cafe

Is the MOG of our times Biblical/Godly?

MountainTopCO

It would seem to me that during both of the councils that are recorded in Acts [a bunch of the body's leadership got together in Jerusalem to debate and hash out doctrines] that these were all 'believers' is assumed; however some of them were stuck in the mindset of still being Jews, while others had experienced different things [either by revelation or through experience] and had seen for themselves that G-d's new relationship with man was different then what Moses had commanded.

Did G-d speak equally to all of these men? Were they all equally given the same revelations? Had G-d worked in each of their lives to personally prove to each of them that these changes were in fact taking place? It seems not.

:)

During Moses' time not ALL believers received revelation, neither was it restricted to just one man. But 'certain' select people. How did G-d select who He/She would give revelation to? I have no idea. But I do find it obvious that G-d did not give out revelation to every follower.

While I have heard that Wierwille never called himself one directly, he nevertheless set himself up as an apostle -- by his own definition of 'apostle', combined with his claim that God told him that He would teach him the word like it had not been taught since the first century - if he would teach it to others.

Wierwille states:

"An apostle is one who brings new light to his generation.

It may be old revelation, but it is new to the generation to

whom he speaks." ( PFAL, p 352)

So God gives Wierwille the light and then Wierwille brings this light to his generation.

It's not a huge leap from apostle to the MOG and ultimately THE MOGFOT, especially when there were hundreds of adoring followers putting VPW up on his pedestal. The FOT part, (For Our Time) fits well with with VPW's definition of apostle. Our Time = Wierwille's Generation.

So, it seems to me that Wierwille himself started the MOGFOT stuff right there with the tale of the promise(sealed by a snowstorm) combined with with his own definition of apostle.

While apostleship a valid biblical concept, mogfotship would seem to be a nonbiblical TWI perversion of apostleship.

Edited by Goey

TW:LIL, pg-201. VPW speaking

"No matter how much knowledge you have of God, God seldom allows you

to teach more than people are able to receive.

Some things God taught me that night in Tulsa, I've never taught-

no one would have been able to receive them."

No one…no one in all of living man! Not even TWI Clergy, BG Leonard or JE Stiles. You mean things that couldn’t be documented in the Bible any where between Genesis and Revelations for people to see and understand. It then has to be implied that VPW is the Man of God of Our Times.

The first sentence may be true but the second implies that VPW is the Man of God of Our Times as proclaiming by VPW himself.

Word Wolf brought up these sentences from the Way Living in Love in the Doctrinal section concerning the thread “vpw on the sources of his books”. I thought it is applicable pertaining to this topic as well. Thanks Word Wolf.

I recall quite vividly that Veepee was referred to as "thee man of God for the whole world" as early as 1975...This concept was promulgated by Wierwille himself...it was his idea, his concept, his con...all of it.

He set up other people to "teach it to us"...make no mistake, Wierwille was clever. He avoided referring directly to it himself...as previously stated, he defined the terms that placed himself in this position and then sat back (sipping drambuie), while everyone else proclaimed it...he knew what people were saying, he thrived on it, he lived for it, he craved it.

I'm sure we have all seen plenty of egomaniacs who crave adoration but Wierwille takes the cake...

Martindale didn't join twi until 1972...the mog concept was well in place before that...loyboy simply bought into it...Veepee's goal was to be Moses...we were "his kids"...I think back to those times and I feel like blowing my lunch.

I'm not finding the phrase 'The Man Of God' in reference to any one man being 'it'.

Jesus is the only begotten son of God

1Pe 4:11

If any man speak,

let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister,

let him do it as of the ability which God giveth:

that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ,

to whom be praise and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

How was God being glorified while people were regarding VP or any other man as the MOG for our day and time... This practice is idolitry ...