GreaseSpot Cafe

Did Paul Apologize??

Belle

Man it really suprises me the lengths that folks will go to, in order to dismiss the not only biblically necessary requirement to repent and make retitution....but just basic human decency ... :rolleyes:

It is such a simple, LOGICAL thing to do if one has the love of God abiding in their hearts, and knows that they have hurt or offended one of HIS children....

On the OTHER hand....if one is an arrogant pri--....it is no doubt very easy to point the finger at those who were wounded and tell em to *move on*

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought that cross my mind is if someone felt they really wanted/needed an apology from Craig, they could take the first step, and make an attempt to have a discussion with him and explain where/how they were hurt and see what Craig's response is.

To me, that is love... to reprove and correct.

The response from Craig might be surprising. Maybe he would show remorse.

The man is still alive, so now would be the time to confront him with this if someone feels the need to.

It`s an *inside* thing oldies... If lcm truly repented...he wouldn`t HAVE to be asked!

He would be so filled with compassion for the people he was reponsible for hurting that he would be BEGGING ...and seeking anyway within his power to ease the suffering and pain he personally is responsible for.

Like I said though....it takes the love of God abiding within you...the desire to heal ....

The only thing preventing this oh so simple but so powerfully healing action, would be pride and arrogance.

Another thought that cross my mind is if someone felt they really wanted/needed an apology from Craig, they could take the first step, and make an attempt to have a discussion with him and explain where/how they were hurt and see what Craig's response is.

I can see this as a viable option for some...

He (LCM) might be hard to find... I'd start out looking for someone "sitting on a park bench..."

It`s an *inside* thing oldies... If lcm truly repented...he wouldn`t HAVE to be asked!

Craig may or may not have repented, but the person who is still wounded on the inside who may need to hear from Craig's own mouth that he was wrong, would do good to try to contact the man and have a heart to heart discussion with him; ... as Craig may be totally oblivious to pain someone else may be experiencing on account of him...

Whatever Paul did for people after his conversion, it is definite that he pleased God. That's what's important. This idea that you have to apologize to every person you've ever offended is just another way of being conformed to this world. It gives the one demanding the apology control over the relationship. I personally don't want a forced or coerced apology from anyone. It's got to be their idea or it isn't genuine

I have not seen anyone here suggest the idea that a person should "have to apologize to every person you've ever offended". Maybe I missed it. But then again maybe you are distorting the argument just a bit. I don't see anyone here promoting a law of apology.

But I agree with you on one thing Johniam, a forced apology is worthless. When some has "demanded" an apology from me I have almost always refused to give it. "Demanding" an apology is generally an effort in futility.

Saying that an apology is the right thing to do, or a good thing, or that it might help -- is a lot different than making it a requirement or a law.

I bet that Paul probably "apologized" when he had opportunity, that's the kind of man I see described in the Bible.

Craig may or may not have repented, but the person who is still wounded on the inside who may need to hear from Craig's own mouth that he was wrong, would do good to try to contact the man and have a heart to heart discussion with him; ... as Craig may be totally oblivious to pain someone else may be experiencing on account of him...

Do you know how to contact him?

I'd certainly like a heart-to-heart with him. Honestly.

I knew him long before he was a big shot...and held both he and Donna in high esteem for a long, long time. I have some very good memories of both of them.

I still have both of their responses to my last letter to HQ...about the stuff going on in AK.

I would love to discuss things...with hindsight and all.

I want to know if either of them would ever help put those particular lives back together...help with some cash, some college funds and/or scholarships, help with some money for long-term counseling, help with setting some records straight...APOLOGIZING...you know...real, honest, human, Christian stuff.

Yeah...I'd vent my anger, too.

But ya know something? I've matured enough to know when venting my anger is done...and when the healing process can begin...if folks are willing and cooperative.

Do you know how to contact him?

I'd certainly like a heart-to-heart with him. Honestly.

Sure, here is his phone number:

Just kidding.

I really don't know, but I assume he can be found if someone really wanted to.

Since you knew Donna, maybe you can call hq first and ask to speak with her, or ask her to forward a message to him, or else ask someone else in the Way of the USA to forward your message to him, if they know where he is?

Perhaps you can write a letter to the Way of the USA asking if it's possible to forward a letter to Craig?

I have no idea, I'm just throwing out suggestions.

God first

Beloved All

God loves us all

Do we really know what was in the heart of Craig M ?

Was he miss lead by the true leaders the board of trustee's or did VPW have him so fooled he believed he was helping people?

Do we know every time he let lust get the best of him that he did not cry in his heart? nor do we know he did

The truth is we just do not know but all we know is our personal pain!

Now I have forgiven Craig M for my pain and I am over it but maybe you need time and that is ok but why not give Craig M time to be help my God

But this is just me and as for VPW he does not matter because he is past help he is dead but we must think about his children and watch what we say

I know most here will never forgive Craig M but if you talk about it less the pain becomes easier to deal with it

Now I can not tell any one what to do and do not want any one to think I am trying

Because is just how I feel about it

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Come to think of it, the comparison between Paul and LCM isn't a good one. Someone posted that.

I still don't think and that looking at Paul and what he did gives anyone direct instruction for what to do or not do in regards to "apologizing'. It's an issue of doing what's right in a situation. I just don't think that's hard to figure out. Some people may not give a hoot. Others may care deeply. The response should be commensurate with the need.

But one more point - I think the lack of response from the Way leadership in general isn't quite as "spiritual" as we may be making it out to be, good or bad. It's no doubt because of the past and present lawsuits, both settled and pending. If they take responsibility for something, personally or under their watch, they might be admitting liability. :blink: If they "apologized" it would mean something wrong was done. And we all know, nobody every did anything wrong there, or knew anything about anything and if they did, they surely didn't know it was wrong. Right? :biglaugh: