GreaseSpot Cafe

Have you ever tried to talk to the dead?

God first

Have you ever tried to talk to the dead?

Beloved All

God loves you all my dear friends.

Yes “Have you ever tried to talk to the dead?”

Jesus Christ did many times and the dead answer him look.

John 11:14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.

16 Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.

17 Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.

18 Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off:

19 And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.

20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.

21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.

23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

28 And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.

29 As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.

30 Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.

31 The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.

32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,

34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

35 Jesus wept.

36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!

37 And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?

38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.

39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.

42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

Jesus Christ talk to the dead here

44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Lazarus answer by coming fourth

So some say we can not talk to the dead but I say we can by the grace of God if we just try.

Have you ever try to talk to Moses, Adam, Apostle Paul or a close family member?

I have and do from time to time but I first ask God if its ok but I talk to many because Christ quicken the spirits of men of old and the spirits of man after the day of Pentecost .

But people like Cain who were not quicken I could not talk to God said no!

Thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

I've talked to my dad, my great grandfather, My paternal grandmother who I never knew (she died when I was 9 months old, My dad, My mom, Lorna's mom, my maternal grandparents.

Does that mean they come to Tea?--no but I feel their presence round about me. I have seen a vision of my dad. And when My grandmothers last sister died my grandmother came to me and showed me her and her sisters, and her brother and my great grandparents all together by the side of a beautiful pond with green grass and the sun shining, they were all together and laughing. It brought me great comfort

God first

Beloved templelady

God loves you my dear friend

I glad "it brought you great comfort" because that what Christ came so by his gift we could be comforted

even if it by talking to some that have pass away

I talk to my mother and a close ant of mine and many other people

George Muller, E. W. Bullinger, Gladys Alyward, and many others

thank you

Geesh...am I at Greasespot or have I logged in to a 'Friday night frights' forum by mistake??

All kiddin' aside, the only 'rev' I got was to minister to my wifes niece who was in a deep coma (and she got up). Not technically dead though.

I have heard of other churches raising dead but it's only second hand stories.

Yeah, I have talked to my mom, my grandma, and my step-dad. Do I hear them answer? Well I guess that depends how how you define "hear". In the literal, audible sense, never. But I do hear them in my heart. Whether that be some sort of "spritutal connection" or simply my mind telling he what I already know they'd say - - well I lean towards the latter, but leave open the idea that either possibility is valid.

And while we're on the topic - you ever see them?

I never have. But as a child I used to see the "ghosts" of a dog and a cat we had had, after they died. Imagination or real? Again, can't really say for sure.

I have, during meditation, but rarely. Sometimes a 'presence', but a couple of times a vision.My Grandmother Anna Clara seemed to want to see me. She died in 1986, I hadn't seen her in years. I saw(or met) her in her kitchen.

God first

Beloved allan w.

yes your here my dear friend

glad your wifes niece got up out of the coma

thank you

Beloved Oakspear

good to see you here

thank you

Beloved Abigail

I only tried to see very few in visions and have only one but I had to get very peaceful

was it real does not matter to me but it blessed me and that is what matters about it

I like that saying "I do hear them in my heart" that what its all about

thank you

Beloved Bramble

yes meditation opens us up to things God wants us to see to teach us and love us

Did she love to cook?

thank you

Yes, year 2027. She loved to cook. She made 'fruit soup'--strawberries and rhubab from her garden, stewed together .

She was a remarkable woman and in many ways I would like to be more like her. She was tall and lovely with black hair and blue eyes, scandalized her home town by marrying a French man of 40 yrs who ran a saloon, and homesteaded in Montana in 1910 when she was seventeen. Had 12 kids, raised 11, one died at age two. Quit school after second grade to help on the farm, had her kids teach her. Devout catholic, all the kids went to catholic school.Husband was injured in a mining acident in Wyoming, so she then became a high school cafeteria cook.She got a home mortgage in her own name, very rare for women in Wyoming,back then.

God first

Beloved allan w.

thank you

Beloved Bramble

Yes she does sound very remarkable, loving person who gave of her heart from working with her hands

I will meet her in the air one day eye to eye I look forward to talking with her

thank you

Bramble, she sounds very similar to my great-grandmother, Ma Myrtis. :) Great, strong women who never gave up and just did what they had to do. :love3:

I haven't ever, Roy, but my aunt does. She said that she helped my grandfather, her Daddy, "cross over" and it was a really neat story.

Yeah, I have talked to my mom, my grandma, and my step-dad. Do I hear them answer? Well I guess that depends how how you define "hear". In the literal, audible sense, never. But I do hear them in my heart. Whether that be some sort of "spritutal connection" or simply my mind telling he what I already know they'd say - - well I lean towards the latter, but leave open the idea that either possibility is valid.

Hmmm. Sounds suspiciously like what happens when I try talking to God!

-JJ

Have I talked to the dead? Yea i did it yesterday, i was about 50 miles from home and passing by a cemetary where a very close friend who died in a sky diving accident is buried. I haven't been there in about 6 or 7 years. I stopped for a few minutes and had a few words with my friend Kip. I didnt pull a Jesus and say "come forth" but I spoke nonetheless, if just to say hi, I'm doing well, and I miss you.

Its rare but it happens from time to time--Ive also spoken with my mother, some friends, teachers, my grandparents in the same manner. They are physically separated but what they gave to me and who they are is still alive in my memory and still has an effect on me. Im not going to let a thing like death keep us from being friends or family.

That being said dont take it out of context i dont do it very much or get weird about it, it just seems to me to be a natural thing to respect,and occasionally remember and acknowledge those that came before

Edited by mstar1

God first

Beloved mstar1

Yes it is a very "natural thing to respect,and occasionally remember and acknowledge those that came before"

I even talk to pets I once had that die or got lost over time

thank you