GreaseSpot Cafe

I still adhere to the 2 drink limit.

GT

I'll stick to just two, but could you make mine "doubles", please?

I'll take a White Russian for one hand, and a Margarita on the rocks for the other.

Cheers!

Suda

I remember at the end of the 81/82 ministry year they picked one WOW in each region who was "special" and who got pinned at the ROA by VP himself. During the summer I was part of a group of musicians who went to cities with WOWs just to bless them and help them witness for a weekend. One group of WOWs was headed by a guy who made SURE everybody had enough beer. Between us musicians (7 or 8) and the WOWs and their fruit we must've gone through 7 cases over the weekend. The head WOW? He was the guy who got pinned by VP and, I might add, was pretty cool IMO.

I apparently don't explain myself very well in written form and I apologize for that. I was told the two drink limit, but them I "quit" TWI after discussion. I was wisked off in a plan "Ambassador One" (or whatever it was called then) to pick me up and was sent to VPW who monitored while I traveled with him drinks. He gave me 2 drinks and cut me off...while he drank....it was scotch. After getting out of the WAY, I turned into a drunk...to make up for lost time and control. When things got hairy here, I took it up again after many years. Not proud of it, just a fact.

SOGWAP, I know a lot of people that turned to drinking/being a drunk after leaving twi...my spouse included.

I think that are just some wounds that were buried very verydeep while we were in twi fo many years...and that for a lot of us that is the only way to cope with the pain....at least this is the case with many of my old ministry aqauitances :(

I am glad that things are better for you.

Me too, SOGWAP. I actually became a drunk during the last year of my marriage and involvement with TWI. The stress of it all became too much and therapy was verbotten since that's craig's version of paying someone to listen to you, when you should have all your needs taken care of in "the household". :realmad:

Yeah, try telling some effen religious zealot that his "ministry" is a friggin' cult and that you've been trying for five years to get him to see it because, for some odd reason, you actually love the dope and want to save your marriage and would love to see him reconcile with his family who loves him more than any TWIt brain ever will. :asdf::asdf::asdf:

It was that or suicide for me at that time. :( Thank God for therapy and that I fought to get help even though my ex didn't want me to.

I think now what confuses me is that I am an extremely intelligent and talented person. But I feel the rug always gets pulled out from under me. Do any of you think you have or are going through a period where you honestly question your sanity? I do at times. More often now than before. I fit, yet I don't fit. I was labeled as a rebel and as "what it is not" while at HQ and Emporia because I was a rebel. For my birthday sharing in the Corps I did "what it is NOT", put a scrapbook together and left it for people to read. Everything at TWI for me....I fit into what it was NOT. Yes, I stayed, thought I held my ground with my internal beliefs...still think I did so in many ways because I never gave up my relationship with God and Jesus Christ to a man. Never gave any of them my allegiance. I still feel that way. Yet I still question my brain and sanity at times. Do any of you?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...