GreaseSpot Cafe

I wanna move to Texas

J0nny Ling0

Oh man George, south of Houston? Must be way hot in the summer, with all of that humidity. I was in Houston once. I was on a Sea-Land Container ship that I signed on at some place called Jacintoport. Isn't there a big monument in San Jacinto, a monument to the Texicans victory over Santa Ana? I remember taking a picture of it when we sailed past it.

And Wayfernot, It would have been the 86/87 year. I remember a really nice "new guy" from Sierra Leone that was part of the fellowship, and I think Pat Z*bel was thebc or whatever..

And Thanks Purple Moonbeam. Cool name!

And DMiller, "Zaka muka! Ngiku zololay! Ozala kamoto" is a phrase in Native Zairean language. I learned it from Andre Zakompani and Roger Lutambi, two Guys from Zaire who were in the Corps with us. The language is called "Tikongo" which is a type of a jungle language called "Lingala". And it means, something you no doubt have heard before: "God bless you, I love you, you are the best!"

Come on down Jonny.

Here's some of the lyrics from a Lyle Lovett song to welcome you:

You say you're not from Texas

Man as if I couldn't tell

You think you pull your boots on right

And wear your hat so well

So pardon me my laughter

'Cause I sure do understand

Even Moses got excited

When he saw the promised land

That's right you're not from Texas

But Texas wants you anyway

And Jonny, you'll be close to the Cadillac Ranch...I couldn't get the link to post, but take a peek:

www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/TXAMAcadillac.html.

Edited by tonto

And Wayfernot, It would have been the 86/87 year. I remember a really nice "new guy" from Sierra Leone that was part of the fellowship, and I think Pat Z*bel was thebc or whatever..

Yes PZ was the BC. I remember the guy from Sierra Leone. I last saw him at ROA 1995. Someone else saw him at a Rome City ACS in 1996. He was a good guy. He had gotten married and had more kids. He was living near Houston at that time.

Not even close.

I live near the coast, about 50 miles S of Houston.

George

It only takes me about 30 minutes to get from the Galleria area of Houston (where I live) to Galveston, so unless you mean at an angle pointing west towards Freeport or something, or a houseboat, I'm not sure where you live. Where do you live?

Mr. P, you are back here?

I'll be mad if you don't call me or pm or something...... :B)

But I'm leaving town til June..........When you wanna break from the city noise and traffic, call me and we'll do a barbeque. :wub: I'm not too much of an old fowgy, really.