GreaseSpot Cafe

Dovey's Birthday........

WhiteDove

Today is the anniversary of Sandi’s birth and I have to admit I have been struggling with what to write here in this blank space for a number of days. It used to be simple; usually this is where Happy Birthday goes.

But today is not happy..... Not for either of us. In fact it's sad, and truth be told I guess I am still a little angry about her senseless death. She was too young to leave us! She should be here, rocking her grandchildren and telling them dove stories. She should be killing threads, and sending Smilies, and playing with her little dogs that she loved so much. She should be reading this Birthday thread, and breaking her computer yet again for the hundredth time…….

But she is not….. And the only thing breaking today is my heart…..

Today as I read through her Memorial thread the one thing that I again saw was, for those that came to know her, the difference that she made in each of their lives. Even at times when perhaps she was terribly sick herself, she always had time, and a kind word, and an ear to lend to those around her.

Dovey often loved to send out little stories that she would come across, and here is one she sent to me. Today I return it to her….

To Someone Who Made a Difference:

Two people met on the beach:

Good evening friend,

What are you doing? The one asked

I’m throwing these starfish back in the ocean.

If I don’t they’ll die up here. The other replied.

Why there must be thousands of starfish on this beach, you can’t possibly get to them all. You can’t possibly make a difference.

She smiled and picked up yet another starfish and threw it into the sea.

Made a difference to That One!!........ She said.

I can picture Sandi making her way down the beach tossing starfish into the ocean…… “Made a difference to that one too”….and laughing!

And so today as we celebrate her birth and life maybe that is the message Sandi left to us: Make a Difference in Someone’s Life Today! You may not get another chance……..

I miss you so much my Sister Dove.

See Ya Forever ……….

Love your Brother Dove…….

Prayers to the family....... Please keep them in your thoughts today

Today as I read through her Memorial thread the one thing that I again saw was, for those that came to know her, the difference that she made in each of their lives. Even at times when perhaps she was terribly sick herself, she always had time, and a kind word, and an ear to lend to those around her.

Dovey often loved to send out little stories that she would come across, and here is one she sent to me. Today I return it to her….

To Someone Who Made a Difference:

Two people met on the beach:

Good evening friend,

What are you doing? The one asked

I’m throwing these starfish back in the ocean.

If I don’t they’ll die up here. The other replied.

Why there must be thousands of starfish on this beach, you can’t possibly get to them all. You can’t possibly make a difference.

She smiled and picked up yet another starfish and threw it into the sea.

Made a difference to That One!!........ She said.

I can picture Sandi making her way down the beach tossing starfish into the ocean…… “Made a difference to that one too”….and laughing!

And so today as we celebrate her birth and life maybe that is the message Sandi left to us: Make a Difference in Someone’s Life Today! You may not get another chance……..

Well said, WhiteDove. And very fitting.

Edited by dmiller

I've been thinking about her too. I saw her birthday listed below and it reminded me to pray for her husband and family, her dogs, and of course, you and all of us here.

I miss her too. I'm glad I got to know her the little bit I did. I remember her telling me that you and paw were good guys. She was proud to know you both.

Like so many others, I've been thinking of Sandi too. What a gem she was to my life as she trusted me with things in her life and allowed me to share myself and my life and children with her.

Sandi's death continues to be another of those things in life that isn't right, isn't fair and again shakes my faith in whatever sets the pace of such things.

What a great loss to us here at GS but what joy to remember the day of her birth and celebrate her life.

:) Happy Birthday Dovey

((((White Dove))))....

I never knew Dovey, but have read a little about her. My heart goes out to you today, and to others who had the privilege to embrace her life and allow their lives to be embraced by her. I trust that today you allow yourself to relish the memories and to feel whatever it is you need to feel. God gave us memories to aid us. And I'm sure yours holds sweet and fond memories of your sister, as well as the hurt. Cry hard. Laugh hard. And remember the good times.

One day there will be no more tears.

Happy Birthday Dovey

It'll sure be great to see her with her family and beloved doxies in that wonderful place where no tear will dim the eyes and there's no pain, no suffering and no broken computers. A true gentle, patient, caring soul who is greatly missed.

Lovely post Dove.

{{{WhiteDove}}}

Talking about her in chat a few weeks ago reminded me of seeing her posts when I first arrived at GreaseSpot. She brought a very loving and human touch into this unique living room, and made it feel okay to be here.

I'm sorry I never had a chance to really get to know her. For those of you who did, how blessed your lives were.

Thinking of all of you......

I miss her too. I'm glad I got to know her the little bit I did. I remember her telling me that you and Paw were good guys. She was proud to know you both.
I don't know how I rose to that status Bow but I will say this. On days when we fight like children here and Paw wonders if it all is worth the headache he can always take pride that he made a difference in Sandi's life. This little cafe was a connection for her when she could not get out and about and it brightened her day. If for no other reason that makes it worth all the time and effort.

Her posts say it best!

"BTW we WERE BATTERED by twi too, and lost all our friends. Thank God for Waydale and G.S. Cafe, now I got lots of friends right here."

"I feel so bad for you as I also have no friends except these wonderful people in hear. I live clear across the country from you so I guess that leaves me out. But if I lived near you I would love to be your friend. Dovey"

"To all my friends, I love you sooooo much that words can't describe how I feel. Who da ever thunk that you could love people that you haven't even met face to face, but it did happen to me and I'm so thankful.

the only freinds I got are in here, not because I don't try, but because I am mostly home bound so I find my friends in here."

"At first I felt like someone dear to me died, I was in so much pain I couldn't even get out of bed. I was so depressed I wanted to die, but then I found others who left that I knew but wasn't allowed to talk to and they were the ones that came to us and loved us. The ones that twi threw away were our real friends. Then I found Waydale and GS cafe. and I thought I died and went to heaven.

I love these people in here, probably more than they will ever know. They lifted me up when I was down, they cryed with me and laughed with me and I started to live again"

"So thanks everyone, thanks Paw for providing this place. I love you all very much. MMMuuuuuaaaaaaahhhhh

Youse guys are the greatest thing since sliced bread.......LOVE YA ALL

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... ]"

Thanks my friends, I pray for all of you too. I try to take life one day at a time, because tomorrow may never come and yesterday is gone. Love Dovey
Edited by WhiteDove