GreaseSpot Cafe

Doojable's daughter - Artist!

doojable

Ok so I'm proud!

The original dooj just took two awards in Art!

She was also one of only 20% that got High School credit for her Honors Art class.

The Point shoes were her first attempt at colored pencil - and she got Artistic Merit

The blue relief scuplture - well I think its neat!

The Snow Queen prints - linoleam prints - and she received Second Place!

She had to pick a theme for the year - her's was Ballet. (Can't you tell??!!)

Sob....I'm so proud.....

Edited by doojable

LOL, dooj, couldn't help it -- a dancer and a Scrabble player, I couldn't let it slide... :D

One of the neatest things I did with my oldest daughter (interior designer) back in high school was to take her and her portfolio to an art college that was doing free evaluations. She wasn't even serious about going to that college, but just having their faculty look at her stuff helped her enormously, both in understanding where her strengths and weaknesses were, and in building a better portfolio. And it built her self-esteem, to feel like she really had what it took.

Something you might want to consider when the time comes.

Regards,

Shaz

Funny thing is, Shaz, she doesn't even want to study art in college - she wants to be a forensic scientist!

Both my girls play the piano, and take ballet (with 2 russian teachers - one was with the Bolshoi and the other with the Moscow ballet.)

Now the younger one WANTS to be an artist - today anyway.

I have told the girls that they don't have to make their art their career - but that they should not let these talents die. After all, I see it all as a gift from God - not only to the person but also to the people touched by the music, dance, art etc.

I have encouraged them in the arts because I see the benefit of being well rounded. I also have seen how the arts allow expression and fuel thinking skills...

I've gotta start a new thread on what I've learned being a Drawing teacher..

Edited by doojable