GreaseSpot Cafe

The Adversary is Back Again!!!

bliss

Well, folks, I have had enough chit chat with some of my "innie" freinds.

Most are totally unhappy with the Way. Some don't even ABS anymore because they found the teachings boring and unworthy to donate to. "They don't bless us, and there is no new research".

Or, "I am just to old to leave. I don't want to start over. I have so much time, work and freinds. I don't have the energy''.

Some dislike what "people" have done to the ministry. Yet, "it is still the BEST out there, the research we have, it is just that people mess it up, the ministry is made up of people. You are going to get that no matter where you go."

They also think the adversary works "overtime" on Way believers. So when they mess up, they mess up BAD. One comment I found interesting........"since we are so into knowing the truth of the Word, WE SEE things from a Spiritual perspective, so it BOTHERS US MORE, to see peoples trash. Where as most church people are IGNORANT, therefore, they don't SEE the bad as much, therefore aren't as Bothered by all the crap the adversary does." :blink:

Then they tell me to "think about it".

lol

I've thought about it alright.......................I've thought about how sorry I feel for these guys.

I was there once too. These are all from different people within the last 2 weeks!

I will just pray for God to OPEN THEIR EYES.

Bliss,

Hmm maybe we are having conversations with the same innies! lol I have heard all those. I have even had innies be proud that they dont ABS anymore. I figure if you don't believe in a ministry enough to send them money--why in the world are you still associated with them?

The nothing else out there of course is a lie-I even told them that there are other places available.

I guess the innies like the corner they have allowed themselves to be backed into and think that it is normal. I know I didn't know any better either.

I keep praying for more eyes to be opened too. I am so thankful to be free!

:dance:

I can't find a biblical perspective on "it bothers us more". Can find a lot about doing or not doing, but nothing on the topic of just being bothered more--seems to me that the will to act against the bothersome situation, whether to denounce or try to rectify it, is seriously lacking in these peoples lives.

I can't find a biblical perspective on "it bothers us more".

I think verses such as the following were part of the justification for this attitude.

Ps 7:11

God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Ps 119:104

Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

The idea being that if you really "eschew" evil it will offend you when ever and where ever you see it. You don't have to look to hard to find evil, but if you are looking for it you will see it every where. It will seem like the adversary is working "overtime" on you, but really you are working overtime trying to be appropriately offended. :realmad:

The truely spiritual are PO-ed all the time - just like God. :rolleyes:

to top it all OFF................

my own "relative" said things that I couldn't believe I was hearing!!!!

Quote:

"see, you are searching for evil, so you found it "(regards to bad TWI press) :nono5::evildenk:

When telling them about the fear of leaving or we would die scenario in the 90's, I got this.....

"hahahahahah, you BELIEVED that?????"

I said, "were we in the same ministry?" :asdf:

It seems that the oldtimers from way back, saw things with a "love, free spirit'' attitude. Not many liked Craig anyway, (they were ol wineskins ya know), so they just tiptoed through the tulips of Way land, all the while IGNORING Craig and just doing there own thing. :blink:

So when I tell them "our side", they don't relate. WEIRD :yawn1:

" so they just tiptoed through the tulips of Way land, all the while IGNORING Craig and just doing there own thing"

You said a mouthful there!

One of the most astonishing things I discovered once I was out (physically) was that not many people I knew actually followed in twi.

Those of us who did, well...what happened is here on these boards.

So...maybe...just maybe...the key to staying in twi is to IGNORE twi.

:dance:

They are doing just that right now Coolwaters!!!!!!

Staying and ignoring.

What a way to live!

I’m free, yeah, oh, I have been forgiven

God's love has taken off my chains, and given me these wings

And I am free, yeah, yeah and the freedom I've been given

Is something that not even death can take away from me

Because I'm free

Jesus set me free

Steven Curtis Chapman

i am free, and no longer in bondage. Thankyou LORD!

Add another TWI "generation" to the list..............

Yep........."staying and ignoring."

I, too, found some innies in my city who are of that mindset.

One ex-limb guy stated to me, "We don't involve ourselves with their (twi) sh1t.....and we don't allow them (twi) to be involved with our sh1t."

Another ex-hhc (because he bought a house) said......."I do not support the way anymore with my abs. They are moving in the wrong direction and I'm trying to stick it out until things change."

And, it seems to me........some could care less if they get kicked out. They just don't have the wherewithal to walk away on their own.

A dismal state of affairs in and around twi......for sure.

:biglaugh: I think this mind-set comes from them being afraid themselves of not having anywhere to go. They don't believe the offshoots have anything going, and God forbid, they would NEVER go toa church. It's a sad state way-brained cultees are in. I remember when I was there myself.

Today, Jesus is alright with me!