GreaseSpot Cafe

13th way corp

grand-daughter

The 13th Corps started their "in-residence" training in the fall of 1982, had an "interim" year in 1983-84, and graduated in the summer of '85.

Martindale has ascended to the Way Presidency in October 1982.

So that's the time frame, anyway.

I'm looking for more information on what TWI was like during the time period of the 13th way corp can anyone help me or were you in at that time period? Thanks so much!

I think that was about the peak time for The Way numbers wise. 1982 was a big push for the 4oth Anniversary year and there were huge regional get togethers as well as a big push to get "4000 for the 40th" (WOWS) that year

They actually fell short but there were well over 3000 that year, In the summer of 82 there was a class at TWI headquarters called Living Victoriously which was promoted and hyped as a huge deal that had (i dunno) about 7000 students.

The 13th Corps went in residence shortly after this. Wierwille retired and 'installed' Martindale as president in October of that year( another huge hype job ceremony)

The beginnings of the 13th corps were imo about the time when TWI was at its peak hype.

I was in during that period , but not in the corps....are you looking for anything in particular?

Wasn't the 13th Corps much smaller in number than the 12th and 14th because of the superstition around the number 13? Maybe I am imagining that, but it seems like the 12th and 14th numbered in the 300s, but the 13th was much smaller.

Also, wasn't the 13th in res when the horrible LEAD accident happened? It seems like there were other major events that happened around the time of the 13th Corps.