GreaseSpot Cafe

I'm FINALLY gettin' water!!

Ron G.

A guy drove up in a dump truck, just now, and unloaded a big load of dirt and gravel to fill my driveway back in after they finish digging it up to connect my city water!!!!

I'm finally gonna have WATER!!!!

I always had water, just not enough...especially this time of year.

Andrew and I'll no longer have to decide between flushing, bathing, laundry or washing dishes each day...we can do it all EVERY day!!!

AND they're leaving my wells intact so I'll still have my wonderful, delicious fresh drinking water...I just have to go outside and get it, now...THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!

Fifteen years ago, I paid the $75 deposit for a water meter and connection. Then came years of fighting amongst the powers that be as to who was gonna do it, how they were gonna do it etc. etc. etc. The year before last they started putting in the main lines. That took quite a while due to boulders, layers of granite etc. Then, when they pressurized the main lines, they had to chase down leaks and other problems. FINALLY, they started connecting people. They had to connect over 200 new houses in our area. I never realized there were that many people around here. I'm starting to feel crowded.

My connection will be a challenge since they have to come straight up my driveway which is about a quarter of a mile long, is quite steep in places and has quite a few buried boulders, but they insist they'll have it in today!

I think I'll take some pics with my handy dandy digital camera and post them later.

Congrats, Ron! Oh, the little things of life that are so big if we don't have them!!

Bath Song by JRR Tolkien

Sing hey! For the bath at close of day

that washes the weary mud away

A loon is he that will not sing

O! Water Hot is a noble thing!

O! Sweet is the sound of falling rain,

and the brook that leaps from hill to plain;

but better then rain or rippling streams

is Water Hot that smokes and steams.

O! Water cold we may pour at need

down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed

but better is beer if drink we lack,

and Water Hot poured down the back.

O! Water is fair that leaps on high

in a fountain white beneath the sky;

but never did fountain sound so sweet

as splashing Hot Water with my feet!

I didn't appreciate water as much till I got my own well at my place a few years ago. When you get a well drilled, then run your pump, pressure tank and water lines, then hope the water is "sweet" ... it is more of a joy to turn the faucet on. Nice that you get to have both the well and the piped in stuff. Hope you get some pics up of them putting pipe in the trench and all.

Edited by rhino

My congrats with the others.

Now you can get on the bandwagon to fight against or for, depending upon your viewpoint, flouride and other city additives/pollutants.

Such a treat.

I've only had well water for a short time, but it was sweet, and so especially nice to not be dependent upon the city water.

Thankfully,

Congrats.

I just hope flushing is worth the $80 a month we pay for water. But if it dosn't rain soon we may not have water.

We can't water lawns. Soon we will not be able to wash cars.

10 miles above us the river flow is 40 cubic feet per second. 20 miles below it drops to 14.

Wells are nice because you have as much water as you can pump till it goes dry. Then you get thecheck book out to make the well deeper.

We got our water!!!

It took longer than anticipated since the driveway was a little more than they thought. It's a quarter mile long and the water has to come up a hill, so my pressure isn't real good, but there's lots of it.

The first three pics are a stroll down the driveway before they started working. Then a pic of the trench and backhoe and then a pic of Andrew sitting on some of the medium sized rocks they dug out.

Edited by Ron G.