GreaseSpot Cafe

Hey! Thank God we're OUT!

sprawled out

Oh crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What'll we do?!?! Okay - I'll run to the store, how much should I get - - - oh - - eh -- I thought you meant we're out of coffee.....You mean we're out of that gosh awful TWIt-for-brains place - yeah - yeah I'm thankful for that....Now - can I have a cup of coffee, please.

Okay - I'll run to the store, how much should I get - - - oh - - eh -- I thought you meant we're out of coffee.....You mean we're out of that gosh awful TWIt-for-brains place - yeah - yeah I'm thankful for that....Now - can I have a cup of coffee, please.

.....................For you T-Bone:

coffee.jpg

The physical *out* is a one time (for most) deal.

The mental *out* may take a lifetime (such as we have left).

20 years later (physically out), I find myself (at times) still bound by the mental bondage.

Given my thoughts, questions, and predjudices -- I wonder if I am *out*, totally, these days.

Just a thot.

20 years later (physically out), I find myself (at times) still bound by the mental bondage.

Given my thoughts, questions, and predjudices -- I wonder if I am *out*, totally, these days.[/color]

The difference between then and now is, you recognize it as "mental bondage."

You are free to take out those thoughts, put them on the table, examine them and decide for yourself what is worthy of salvage and what should go down the garbage disposal.

You are free not to have to instantly decide if you agree with something or not. You can take your time with your thoughts, because they are now your thoughts, not somebody elses jammed down your throat.

You are free to say "No." "No" is a complete sentence.

You are free to say, "I think I might like to go to church today," without getting the Genuinely Spritually Suspicious All-Seeing Eye from the "spiritual superiors."

Or not.

You are free to go jam at a bluegrass festival of your choosing without clearing it with a household coordinator who has all the spiritual love, ability and acumen of Sasquatch.

The only thing you have to string is your instrument. (Stringing chairs? I wonder what they sound like when you play them.)

You're free to love God and love others without having to see if they have been placed on a Mark and Avoid list.

You are free from having to do anything the Way International tried to force you to do.

Yep, you're free. Go play outside.

dmiller--

i guess some of us had an easier time dropping the shackles--or maybe we're just not that self-aware!

but i'm sorry to hear you still don't feel 100% "out" after 20 years. what kind of "mental bondage" are you talking about?

for me, i've always been amazed at how quickly i was out mentally. in fact, i've said here before, it seemed to me like so much of my waybrain just dropped off me as soon as i stopped holding on to it.

maybe you're just feeling "phantom bondage," like amputees feel phantom pain?