GreaseSpot Cafe

Happy Sweet Sixteen, Jessica!

Cindy!

Thank you so much for your sentiments on Jess' b'day!!! She is a very very special young lady!

A 16th b'day party should be amazing!!!! So her birthday lasted about four days!!!!!

On Thursday (her ACTUAL birthday) we gave her a dozen pink roses, some sweet sixteen balloons, cards, and what I'd promised for years.....the engagement ring from my first marriage. (I don't think she's taken it off since)

On Friday, she had a party with her friends. There were about 30 teens at our house. We got pizza, pop, snacks, and movies. Some were watching movies in our family room, some were playing music on the computer and dancing in the Living Room (one level up from the family room).

Saturday morning Jess, Kat, their friend Matt, and I took off for downtown Chicago. We had a reservation at a downtown hotel, tickets to the musical "Wicked", a pass to the suite in the theatre that provided horses douvers ( appetizers) and an open bar before, during, and after the performance at no additional charge, and reservations for dinner at a famous and very good Italian restaurant.

Jess and Matt went backstage and got autographs and had some very very special personal moments with the cast of "Wicked".....it was delightful for them!!!!

We then joined Steve and the boys at a downtown hotel for a night and morning (until noon) of relaxation, exercise (in the workout room), and celebration. With valet parking, express check-out, and lots of fun with family and friends...it was a fantastic weekend.

One Jess will NEVER forget!!!!

My first baby is 16.......a person I like and respect.....what more could a Mom ask for?????

Edited by Cindy!

• 3 weeks later...