GreaseSpot Cafe

Cults Of The 21st Century

mstar1

....By a new group that I had never heard of before, this time with an eastern flavor. Evolutionary Enlightenment whose world headquarters, previously unknown to me, is about 10 miles from my house.

The woman who witnessed to me was cute and very nice, (just like last time 28 years ago!) --this time I dont think I'll sign the 'green card' though.

Interesting thing was although the spiel was entirely different all the earmarks were exactly the same.

They're having a "public ex" which they call "Voices From The Edge" in a few weeks if you are feeling compelled to 'reach your full potential' (live the more abundant life) and 'change the world for the better' (word over the world).

Any seekers want to do it all all over again?

I think I'll pass

:rolleyes:

Edited by mstar1

Im pretty good Dave :wink2: or so they tell me...

..but they definitely have a spot that beats any thing TWI headquarters ever thought of having---about a hundred acres in the rolling hills thats beautiful just to be at---I think they got that out of the 'How To Build A Cult" Manual--

I imagine they will have there own Greasespot type Cafe in a few years as well ( if they dont already.)

Edited by mstar1

:offtopic:

I'm pretty good Dave :wink2; or so they tell me...

Ya know --- I bet you are. And I'm also betting that you are welcome wherever you show up ---

(and I'm not a *betting man)!!

There's something about stained glass that seems to trancend *religious* boundaries.

Meebe folks talking about the beauty, instead of arguing about it.

Kinda like the *visual* folks see ----

Music being the *audio* they hear ------

Sensory stimulation .

Good vibes to be had ---all around by all.

Here is a pic of one of the stained glass (Tiffany) windows in the Pilgrim Congregational Church, about 8 blocks from my house.

(If I recollect correct -- there are 7 or 8 of these windows, adorning the sanctuary)

http://www.dovecards.com' target="_blank">

(((COUGH!!!!))) Back to topic. ;)

Edited by dmiller

Thanks fpr the link--and the compliment-- ---nice windows--Tiffany was an interesting guy who amongst other things moved the imagery in religious buildings from not only literalist depiction of saints and angels etc. and their symbols into more natural scenes of waterfalls, autumn trees, rivers etc as representative of spirititual things

I just worked on a great set of his windows of the seasons, that to me are universal in their appeal and would work anywhere in any denomination, church, religion or building that have an entirely undogmatic approach.

So your right at least imo-some things can transcend--or at least stay uninvolved to a certain extent in the divisive stuff. Observers, like listeners of music, generally see the same things individually different and project into it the meaning that they want. Im learning simple works best.

gee's Im getting wayyy off topic

Wanna come join my glass cult? :biglaugh::spy:

Hey MStar~

While looking at the Evolutionary Enlightenment Site, I did see at least ONE person I'd like to meet ~ Jack LaLanne!

As with anything, it seems there will be positive and negative feedback, toward LaLanne also... A person that’s proof of excellent results after learning and changing his thinking and habits. He has something to shout about, a real message to share, that WILL help people...

But we know about change... and many believe they can’t DO anything TOO different to gain a better result... :( Especially when it comes to food and exercise.... A Magic pill is more appealing :who_me:

now ducking....

Evolutionary Enlightenment. That's too hard to say; don't they have a simpler name, I might consider it.

Shorten it maybe? Evo Enli?

Gosh, Shellon, you were so close - it's EvEn !!!!!!!!! Now - we've found a way to get EvEn!

Evolutionary Enlightenment

From the little Ive have seen it seems to be appealing to those who like to use a lot of multisyllabic buzzwords to say way too little, but in the hopes that they may be saying something important , 'profound' or life changing, but it is just plain painfully obvious without all the gyrations.

The blog from former followers lists alot of the same abuses that, although worded different, are basically the same (surprise, surprise) as in Wayworld.

I had to fight a momentary urge to 'rescue' (holdover from way thinking) the girl who witnessed to me after reading that, who Ive known from around town and is as excited as a new PFAL student.

Hopefully we can remain altruistic and ask whether one's fellow aspirants are also thriving. We cannot be said to benefit from a guru if we remain cruelly indifferent to the way that guru is harming others. Such an attitude of just-my-bliss-matters is no different from an addict's focus on the next fix and brutal indifference to how friends and family are being harmed in the quest for that next fix.

I really liked this quote from their cafe.

I understand the urge to "rescue" the woman, too, MStar. :) You're a true kind-hearted soul and you never know what kind if impact you may have had on her.

Well thanks Belle---sometimes I may be---, I'll see her around town --its hard not to in a town this size--and be there as best I can and who knows?

It is interesting to me that although they are completely different than TWI in what the teach-- the format although updated a bit, is almost exactly the same..from the first public ex type things to the advanced seminars to the headquarters to people that live in residence to the over exalted adulation of the top dog....weird.

Nothing's new under the sun I guess

I saw some references to Ken Wilber and recognized some of the catch phrases. I know of at least one poster on this board that is involved with some of his stuff and wonder if he knows or is involved in this sort of thing. If he stops in, perhaps we will hear another perspective.

From what I am reading on those links, it does seem awfully like Wayferland, but they have moved on from 8th grade English. The anti-blog talks of harsh discipline used on students, like the leader guy slapping them or having someone else slap them. Maybe this helps the evolutionary process.

Edited by lindyhopper