The Best

greg123

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you get to the place in your heart and mind,

where evil doers no longer exist. Thinking only the best

of people, manifesting the renewed mind.

At this point you have mastered the true definition of charity.

Then I don't want to be there.

I work with all kinds of people. Some of them can and will

do evil to me. I have to be aware of their potential

to hurt me and those I love if I'm to live a happy and safe life.

Why not?

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Col.1:14-21 (KJV)

9 And to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God...

Eph.3:9-10 (KJV)

of people, manifesting the deluded mind.

At this point you have mastered the true definition of utter stupidity.

Shall you go to this place willingly,

You deserve what happens to you.

Be sober. Be vigilant. For your adversary is not a nice guy, and there are people who aren't nice guys either.

Hmmmm I guess that poor Jesus wouldn`t have mastered the TRUE definition* of charity either :(

He sure sounded like he thought evil of the folks that hurt God`s people .....or maybe calling people pretty coffins on the outside but filled with putrid death and decay on the inside...is a nice way of *renewing ones mind* shrug.

I may be mistaken.....but I suppose feeling that a millstone hung around the neck of those who hurt children....certainly isn`t necessarily thinking the *best* of people either.

It wouldn`t appear that *charity* was what was being manifed when he overturned the money changers tables in the temple that day, I suppose.

No offense, Greg...seriously....but maybe you ought to rethink your position on *charity* if Jesus Christ himself lived and taught contrary to your definition....just a thought <_<

Edited by rascal

Greg123,

I'm a moderator here at the Greasespot and your posts have been reported to us. It has to do with where you are starting your threads that have a doctrinal flavor to them. We don't move every thread to the Doctrinal forum just because people will talk about God or their beliefs. But yours are borderline in my opinion.

I've merged your two threads into this one. You're new here and I know you just didn't know how things were done so I'm not fussing at you, dude :biglaugh: .

DooWap

of people, manifesting the renewed mind.

At this point you have mastered the true definition of charity.

that is a good one.

i know an evil doer who wanted young ladies to always think the best of him regardless of his evil actions. and he wanted them to be very charitable to him on the bus (aka coach) manifesting the love of god in the renewed mind of course !!!!!!!!

jerk. not you greg, just the source

Hmmmm I guess that poor Jesus wouldn`t have mastered the TRUE definition* of charity either :(

He sure sounded like he thought evil of the folks that hurt God`s people .....or maybe calling people pretty coffins on the outside but filled with putrid death and decay on the inside...is a nice way of *renewing ones mind* shrug.

I may be mistaken.....but I suppose feeling that a millstone hung around the neck of those who hurt children....isn`t necessarily thinking the *best* of people either.

That wasn`t *charity* He was manifesting when he overturned the money changers tables in the temple that day, I suppose.

No offense, Greg...seriously....but maybe you ought to rethink your position on *charity* if Jesus Christ himself lived and taught contrary to your definition....just a thought.

Get honest and address what God tells us is the responsibilty for men of the spirit verses Jesus` handeling of people before the new birth was available....
Rascal

Just thought I'd remind you of your argument about using Jesus as a example to prove your point., It isn't interchangable for each poster I'd think. :nono5:

??? I AM honest Dove, how about YOU stop looking for evil in every one of my posts..ok bud?

If Jesus Christ himself didn`t live Greg`s definition of *charity* my point was that MAYBE Greg ought to quit making up definitions that are not backed up scripturally...ok?

His definition is GREAT however for lulling people to sleep spiritually, ignoring dangerous behavior of the *flesh* ... evaluating who we identify as our borthers and sisters.......

His definition also eliminates the need for vigillance against wolves in sheeps clothing and false prophets.

That is his privilege, but entirely at odds with the instructions and examples given us inthe scriptures....not to mention VERY dangerous to us physically.

Edited by rascal

Um...correct me if I am wrong...but didn`t the spirit of God decend upon Jesus like a dove when john baptised him?

I guess that negates your goofey rebuttle that it was ok for Jesus to not operate *charity* as per Greg`s definition because he was *of the flesh* which is what the people in the sentance that you pulled OUT OF CONTEXT was referring to.

...... ie old testiment believers were held to a different set of standards than those who are of the *spirit* available with jesus Christs resurrection.