GreaseSpot Cafe

This is a Very Good Day

krys

Hooray!

I am a Medicare Part D (Drugs) participant and today I made it through the donut hole! I had 6 Rx's refilled today, and I paid full price for one of them, 2 of them are not covered by the plan, and the others were $2.00 and $3.15.

For the first time in my life a "special" Government program for a group of people included your's truly. I am impressed! I'm also thankful.

Although - - I would be a whole lot happier if this was NOT so important to me - meaning - I was a whole lot healthier without the drugs. But as it is now....I'd doing well - - and I can take my meds and eat well too. And of my whole list...3 are generic! On my plan, I now pay $2 per generic and 5% of everything else until the end of this calendar year. Then I go back to square one. I have no problem with Generic medications, they work just as well for me as the name brand.

Maybe, if somebody wants to discuss Generic Drugs and not "A Certain Company" this would be a good place to do it.

Hi Krys,

I don't know alot about brand generics, but I know medications are expensive!

I switched to herbal remedies because they were much cheaper. It seemed to work for me.

However, I realize it might not work for everybody. (I didn't have any insurance at the time.)

It really helps when you have insurance to pay for your medicine.

Have you looked into programs that would supplement your insurance, like Merck?

I've seen them advertised on TV quite a bit. I could keep my ear out for ya.

Edited by lori