GreaseSpot Cafe

Benny Hinn and his Jesus Jacket

Ron G.

OMG~!!!

That is the funniest shot I ever seen,(in a long time anyway). :biglaugh:

Leave it to the Daily Show.

You know, for a circus, it sure does draw a large crowd. TWI will always have people flocking to the circus too. Craig used to yell about Hinn saying it was all devil spirits. That jacket flinging looks like it hurts. I would fall too. (he doesn't always use the jacket though).

Well, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Benny Hinn's mentor was Kenyon.

hummmmmmmmmmm, sounds familiar...............

<CENTER><A HREF="http://www.goyk.com/video.asp?path=2717"><B>C da video</B></A>

Actually, I can do the very same thing swingin' my gym shorts around.

:biglaugh::biglaugh: !!!!!

Ron, I must say that I was already laughing after reading about you swingin' your gym shorts around :biglaugh:

Then I watched... OMG!!! Holy Schmitz!

What in the world is this guy shouting? Is this staged? Almost unreal! :confused::biglaugh: !!!

Excellent choice of music :biglaugh:

Kenneth Copeland too...............and good ol' Bennyare fans of Kenyon. I did some research on the guy, he was just one of the many, but you are right, Katherine Kuhlman was the major player in this dude's spiritualist mind. It's all the "Word-Faith" movement.

Whoever and whatever, I don't want no part. Thanks.

Who out there has a real healing ministry these days ?

Has anybody ever? I'm pretty dubious. But then, I would be.

Personally, it seems like it's all a scam. Levitating gurus, faithhealing apostles, or just a hackneyed magician sawing a woman in half, it's all just a performance. There's never any verifiable proof and our only options end up being - believe or don't.

I don't...

George, my wife and daughter are both legally blind because of a condition that runs in her family. We're very interested in the area of healing because modern medicine can't cure them. That's why I'm interested in anyone out there who has a genuine healing ministry. I know there are a lot of fakes out there but there's got to be someone who's the real deal.

... there's got to be someone who's the real deal.

Now _this_ definitely belongs in the Famous Last Words Dept. <_< ..... Word of the wise? If you go through with this, at *all* times, keep your hand on your wallet, and your eye on the location of the Exit sign.

Garth, just interested in who's stuff I can read and learn from. I haven't given up on God when it comes to healing.

I guess it's good my wife and I left in '89 when she was expecting our daughter. We would have been thrown out of TWI for being "spiritually weak" since she didn't have it together enough to be healed.

TZ - you certainly have my prayers. ""The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." Like they say, "solo gratia" - by grace alone. I wish you the best.

Hinn - latin for "bloated tic" :biglaugh:

George, my wife and daughter are both legally blind because of a condition that runs in her family. We're very interested in the area of healing because modern medicine can't cure them. That's why I'm interested in anyone out there who has a genuine healing ministry. I know there are a lot of fakes out there but there's got to be someone who's the real deal.

Tommy,

God bless you and your family. Honestly, the one who is the REAL DEAL is Jesus Christ!

Anyone who lauds themselves around as a healer is NOT the one. If you seek true healing, then, God will lead you to the right place/person with the gift. And it aint the one yeilding a jacket!!!!

It will be the humble, quiet, and honest person who goes to their prayer closet, that doesn't carry the weight or cares of this world on their shoulders and who NEVER brags about themselves or their power.

Just keep asking..................IMO and follow where HE leads.

all the best to you,

I'd be extremely leery of any church that claimed the power to "heal on demand". Even the apostles never claimed that! At certain times and in certain places certain people can heal through the power of GOD. That depends on their faith and the faith of the person being healed AND the will of God in the matter. So any ministry that claimed otherwise is to be highly suspect.

As for Mr Hinn--there have been enough write ups about him from reputable sources, that show most of his autobiography is false- as well as where the money actually goes.

----------------

December 27, 20002 - The NBC program DATELINE UNDERCOVER showed a one hour story on Benny Hinn. More info can be obtained at www.dateline.msnbc.com . Some hidden cameras were used. Some of the things on the program:

Several former employees who were interviewed said anyone who reported unusual things going on in the ministry was fired. For example, the former head usher said he saw money being taken out of the collection buckets and put in pockets. He was offered one thousand dollars out of the bucket, but refused it. He also said that in ONE night, $420,000 was taken up in an offering. The ministry brings in over 100 Million dollars a year

Benny is building a parsonage overlooking the Pacific ocean that will cost 3.5 Million dollars - 6000 square feet - seven baths - room for a 10 car garage

Donations have have been taken for over a year for a new orphanage in Mexico "to be completed soon", yet a permit has not even been applied for, according to Mexican authorities who were interviewed

In one meeting, Benny says, "Only those that give to God's work will be spared".

Hinn ministries buys thousands of Hinn's books so Benny can get the royalty payments. THEN, the ministry sells the books to the public.</

Benny Hinn will not reveal his salary or where all the money goes, like most major ministries do.

Hinn ministries will not provide any documentation for claimed healings

Benny Hinn refuses to be interviewed by Dateline.

----------------------------

Is it only me who sees frightening parralells betwenn Hinn and an erstwhile farmer in Ohio???

This is clearly staged--because there is no way that there wouldn't have been lawsuits for assault way before now If this had been people just standing around who suddenly got hit by a jacket with no warning and for no reason

Edited by templelady