GreaseSpot Cafe

Jim of the Way of Yahoo wrote me personally

year2027

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a yahoo e-group of ex-wafers, but not the one you found Vegan.

Abi -- It's not?? That link leads to the ex-way site I was thinking of,

but in order to join -- one has to have a Yahoo account.

Looking over the rules listed on the page Vegan's link lead to, I see that:

This List is open to people of all walks of life or beliefs. Spirtuial elitism is also not allowed. I am also reminding you that " preaching or teaching is not allowed "

I can see how Roy mighta broken the rules with THAT one!! ;) :biglaugh:

But that still doesn't absolve the owner's accusations of not being a *healing spirit*,

over an autobiography that Roy posted.

Click Vegans link, and at the bottom -- there is a *JOIN THIS GROUP* button.

If you have a Yahoo acount -- I guess that gets you into the page where

you can join these guys.

Look Out!!! INCOMINGGGG!!!!

http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_67725/.H...rYxBQFBM52NlAnR

Edited by dmiller

''

On a personal level I like Jim Martin

We have had many long talks via phone over the years and he has been there for me during some rough patches

I can't speak to anyone else's interactions with him

I suppose one of the reasons one starts their own site or forum or message board or new s list is so that they can do it "THEIR WAY"

I am sad that people are getting hurt

Edited by templelady

I've met Jim... he seemed like an OK guy... maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he still feels that way about it... I don't know... it's his group and I can tell by the words he wrote that he doesn't know you. Maybe he didn't understand you Roy, sometimes I don't either but that's OK... folks don't understand me sometimes either (ask my wife!)...

I've 'belonged' to that yahoo group for a long time... it's where I heard about GSC! I just lurk over there and read the little 'blurbs' that get sent out by yahoo from time to time... I get that they're very comfortable with each other and it looks to me like it's a 'social' kind of thing, they just hang out there like we do here... except I really don't recall ever seeing too much religious, doctrinal kind of stuff... (stuff like you post, Roy) mostly it's just folks keeping up with each other's lives...

Roy, I feel bad that you were hurt by his words and I think he could've just told you 'you're gone because we don't do that here' and left the other stuff out... not everyone is going to "get" who you are or what you're doing... so what? It's never seemed to bother you before which is why I'm having a hard time understanding why you posted his communication with you "out here"... it doesn't seem like "the Roy I know"... because the only reason I can think of for you to post it here is so people can be mad at Jim... and in that's not the picture I had of you in my mind... know what I mean?

One thing I have learned is that there is always going to be someone I am going to disappoint or that will dissappoint me, or that will hurt me or that i may hurt.

Its like there is this entity that makes sure nothing ever works out perfectly for everyone and someone will always get offended like a finantic over something that someone else has minimalized to the power of 10...

Roy, all I have seen here is your attempts at expressing yourself. Sad thing is - we have no control how some people receive what we express...no matter the venue.

I made a mistake years ago on some group site that I mistook for a personal email and ...well, I'm not part of it anymore. Some still in the way people were also part of it and because of it won't speak to me to this day. Too bad. All in all it's their loss becasue they still drink the kool-aid of legalism.

God first

Beloved Sudo, VeganXTC, Shellon Fockler-North, Abigail, dmiller, templelady, and coolchef

God loves you all my dear friends

yes the " preaching or teaching is not allowed " not allowed got me in trouble a little but what mostly got me in trouble was the way I sign off

In 2005 I posted there for a short time but because of the way they attacked others for trying to explain the holy kiss I left but I was never banned I asked to walk out and I did but I look into it from time to time to see if things have changed

When I wrote my updated story I gave it a try again

templelady I have nothing against Jim myself I just went there to share while I heard stories both ways all I know is to love him but I guess I got mad but that over

yes I will keep loving God and all others

I am not on that site now and I will not try again

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

God first

Beloved Tom Strange and washingtonweather

God loves you two my dear friends

I guess I was mad more than hurt Tom

I posted it here because of what he wrote in the open about me being there 8 years ago and I was banned but after trying to reply to him in the open like he did me and then my was not posted

then he reply personally to me I got mad

and yes it was wrong for me to get mad I was there in 2005 and when I looked in Jan of 2005 I found myself and others I did not stay then because I did not fix in plus some here and there got attacked for trying to explain me

While I did try to write personal post for there it never was for me and that why I left but things changed so I tried again Tom

I do not want people to be mad at Jim but I wanted the whole story to be out in open because I knew people went both but yes Tom I was probally wrong for doing it I am sorry Tom

yes washingtonweather we do get offended for the smallest things as I do too at times

yes misstakes happen and I am sorry that your friends there will not talk to you I had that happen before but not on a board

I guess we live and learn

I look for all people to changed over time but their two ways to changed one is to better understand me or who ever and the other is to less understand me or who ever and they could be more willing to try or less willing to try

this workes for me too

thank you

Thanks Roy... I thought it might have been something like that... I haven't seen the other posts by him that you're referring to, and I don't know if I'd bother reading them if I did... I try to not pay too much attention to posts like that...

what is that old saying? "don't let the bastards get you down"... looks like it's one of those "shake the dust off your feet" moments... I know that's easy for me to say because I'm not in the middle of it...

trust that folks can see your heart, those that take the time to will... those that don't take the time? ...their loss IMO... I'm thinking that 'yahoo place' just wasn't the place for your posts but you never know until you try right? that's all you can do...

God first

Beloved Tom Strange

God loves you my dear friend

yes its time to move along again while shaking the dust off but never forget that I am to love Jim and others

yes its not a place for me

thank you

I can only attest to what Jim wrote in welcoming Roy back to the group. He was very kind and the group was very supportive of Roy. I have to say unless I hear Jim's side of the story (Which I have written to Jim and asked him to provide me) I will not side with either.

Jim has been accepting, but as Tom said the group is not about spouting religious doctrine and although we sometimes get on a doctrinal topics it is short lived. The group is somewhat of a support group mainly and we aren't out there to be preached to.

That is the one thing I like about GS as well. I have found ways to chit chat with ex-twi people without having to get into the doctrine and the hurt. I restrict my reading to the open chats and the just plain silly stuff. Then I don't have to be bombarded with religious doctrine that I may or may not agree with. I want to leave the Way behind not be reminded of it every day. But on the other hand I don't want to lose the good friends I had made while in.

The Onelist or as we affectionately call it the oddlist is a support group if you will. We support each other, but we stay away from doctrine for the most part. The beliefs on that list range from agnostic to Way like doctrine and everything in between. So preaching doctrine doesn't work on that group. Not that it doesn't have it's place elsewhere.

We don't want to be preached to we just are out there to have fun.

In Jim's defence I will not buy into Roy's accusations until jim himself presents to me his side of the story and I would encourage you all to do the same. You never know what has really transpired until you get all sides.

I have seen Roy being welcomed with open arms on the Oddlist and with great love and heart. If this is the way he shows his affection back I question his intentions.

It was on that onelist I made my mistakes 5.5 years ago...I for one, won't be a part of it again.

Roy - I was not thinking you got overly upset, but quite the opposite, it may be that you, (me an many others) upset other people and sometimes that just can't be avoided. That's a hard pill to swallow...the good thing is that someday....it will all go away, we will all be in glory together! and nobody will .... off anybody......Yeah!!!

Since sending Jim an email requesting his side of the story I have been blocked from the Oddlist. I will get to the bottom of all this. It matters not to me one way or the other if I am re-instated if I was blocked to prevent the existence of this tread from coming out in the group.

I still want to get Jim's side of the story.

God first

Beloved FreeAtLast

fisrt you should do what is best for you because there are a lot of good people there

yes I read Jim tread and tried to reply to it

------------------------------------------------------------

OK folks

Roy has signed back on this board after being one of the two people I

have banned from the board in the last 8 years of this boards

existance, I am letting him post this nmessage from him as it explains

a bit as to why he is the way he is .

I did explain to him that on this board he will have to abide by the

rules or else he will be banned again.

btw the only other person I banned from the board has came back and is

posting within the rules .

Peace and blessings

Jim

-----------------------------------------------------

I tried written a reply to him on his board but it was not posted

I can only recall what I wrote

I told him it has not been 8 years and I left peaceful and I was not banned and we left peacefully

but my reply was delete and not posted than I got that Email

I do not rember every detail of my post back in 2005 but they are still there as are the replys

but that is past and I hope we can leave it there

I guess I did not take it as a nice welcome because I signed in many times over the year after I stop getting the Emails coming after asking to get them to stop

I can still sign in but I do not want to but I do not want to hold you back from fellowshiping with some good people

it does not matter who is right to me too because I believe we (me and Jim) were both part wrong because I should of just let it pass and he should of check his detail

yes I was welcome by many with open arms and I reply to all with open arms but Walker

who gave me touble before so I just over look him hoping that way there be no waves

I am sorry that because of me you might be banned or in touble because there are alot of good people there

My intentions are to share my love of God and that is why I had only plan to share my life story

but things get out of hand at times

sorry you got hurt

thank you

----------------------------------------------------------

Beloved washingtonweather

yes someday "we will all be in glory together! and nobody will .... off anybody."

its in the past to me now but I still must answer these treads and be truthful

Tom's words help me see I should of just walk away but I just had to put my side in the open I guess its a fleshly thing to do

I guess this shows I am still part flesh which is not a shock to me

thank you

------------------------------------------------------------------

Beloved Sushi

nice smilley

thank you

Free At Last

Hey folks can some one let ***** know who has her number that her email

accouant is bouncing messages to the list ?

thanks

jim

From Jim

Roy has decided to post a personal letter I wrote to him in responce to a

letter he sent to me.

I sent the email to him in private and expected it to stay that way.

He decided he had to start a discussion on it over there so it is there .

here is the url if you care to read it and comment on it.

Jim of the Way of Yahoo wrote me personally

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?s\

howforum=9

For the record he has not been banned from here yet , Though he has broken a

number of our rules.

I usualy try to deal with this stuff in private hence my private email to

him but he has decided to post it in another forum for what ever reason he

has because I have told him he needs to change his signature , style of

writing and I have not let him preach here.

take a look and make your own decision.

jim m

Roy,

Even with the times I don't quite "get" you, you remain constant....a person who is himself. Integrity, that is very honorable.

I have rarely seen an honorable instance (act or spoken) that Jim had any integrity with.

You have my heartfelt love and support, he has nadda.

(this opinion is shared by me, my kids and my wonderful husband)

Love, the !'s

God first

Beloved Linda Z, WhiteDove, and Cindy

God loves you all my dear friends

Linda Z I am glad to be here with loving family like you are too me

you have blessed my heart

WhiteDove the note he is talking about was meant to be in the open but maybe I did it wrong

WhiteDove I wish I did not do it this way but what is done is done after it was not posted I replied here by reply was to his post Roy is back to him I tried to get to the point without pointing a finger

but this got out of hand

but it looks like I have put Jim on the spot but that is not what I wanted to do

Cindy thank you very must

Thank you

I posted a response in the e-group, to Jim's post in the e-group. I'm wishing I had saved it to post here as well, because odds are it will never see the light of day over there. Jim is very careful about the version of the truth posted there. Notice how in his post he left out the fact he not only insulted Roy's writing style, but his religious beliefs, and who he is as a person.

However, I find it very interesting that another poster there was allowed to insult Roy, as well as a number of other GSC posters. I find this interesting because such insults are supposed to be against the rules. However, the person who posted it is part of the "popular crowd", so Jim's rules don't really apply to him. Just like Jim can tell Roy that religious discussions are not really allowed on his forum, and then proceed to tell Roy his religious beliefs are wrong.

Hypocrites. That's why I post here. Say what you want about this place, but in the roughly 6 years I've been here, my experience has been the moderators try very hard to be impartial. They may not be perfect at it, they are after all human, but they do a darned good job.

I would add, I also find it intersting how many of the people who have posted on this thread are Ex-Oddlisters because they too got sick of the hypocrisy over there.

Edited by Abigail