GreaseSpot Cafe

did anyone say wine?

coolchef

Mad Dog 20/20 should always be served AFTER Strawberry Hill and not before.

Saltines are a nice compliment to the above wines. Triscuits, not so good. :biglaugh:

Seriously, Oenphile and Rhino are probably the experts to consult. You might want to send them a PM. Also, there is a thread started by Satori, I think, where people listed their favorite wines and there are some awesome suggestions and information on that thread. I'll see if I can find it.

Here's a few pics from my last Wine & Cheese Party: :wink2:

Why thanks Belle, but I'm just an exspirt on drinking my own wine.

Looks like you have fun at your Nacho cheese and brown bag wine parties :biglaugh:

I find that if my wine is not great, or if I don't want to get too smashed, I put it in a tumbler with ice and some red soda ... then I can go outside and wander around and still find my way back home. Sipping wine is for sissies. :drink:

I'll add that even higher end wines are starting to go with screw on caps, and non-cork corks are better too, except for the romantic allure of popping a cork, though you get more style points if you just pull them out gently. Wine snobs might look down their noses at you if you pop, but you'll probably be the one having more fun! :)

Edited by rhino

Lay your bottle on thier side for a couple of hours so the corks are saturated, its easier to open...set up a station where you can discuss and know your wines..go to a wine website to see what type of appetizers to serve with each different type..center the appetizers around the wine so you have people tasting and moving..

make it classy..and enjoy.

Edited by likeaneagle