GreaseSpot Cafe

Is There Still A Corps Director?

Oakspear

Does the position exist anymore? Martindale was Corps Director for most of the Corps' existance, other than the first few years when George Jess held the position. I seem to remember Harve Platig being called the Corps Director in a Way Mag article shortly after Martindale's ouster.

I'm not talking about Corps or campus coordinators, who run the day-to-day indoctrination, of which there were always several under Martindale. Has the title "Way Corps Director" been retired, or does someone else hold the position?

A good question Oak...my guess is that they incorporated the position into Rosie's job description...I mean, what would a corps director do with only 5 or 6 corps in training?...

...and how about "Head of Research"?...now that's funny! :biglaugh: ...Who's the head of research now?...the guy who owns the Strongs Concordance?

Good question, Oakspear.

Harve was made the Corps Director after Craig resigned. After Harve stepped down from the VP role, no one was named as a replacement and the title has quitely disappeared. Rico Magnelli is the "Way Corps Department Coordinator". That's a cabinet level position which would report to one of the directors. I would guess that to be Rosalie, since she 1) would want to control that and 2) is the "Minister of Education" for the Way.

Like many of those high level positions it's hard to say exactly what the "Way Corps Director" did anyway. Just another empty title fallen by the way I suspect.

...and how about "Head of Research"?...now that's funny! :biglaugh: ...Who's the head of research now?...the guy who owns the Strongs Concordance?

David Chavoustie

Does the position exist anymore? Martindale was Corps Director for most of the Corps' existance, other than the first few years when George Jess held the position. I seem to remember Harve Platig being called the Corps Director in a Way Mag article shortly after Martindale's ouster.

I'm not talking about Corps or campus coordinators, who run the day-to-day indoctrination, of which there were always several under Martindale. Has the title "Way Corps Director" been retired, or does someone else hold the position?

A long, long time ago...........there were 5 campus locations: 1) hq, 2) emporia, 3) rome city, 4) gunnison and 5) tinnie. The logistics of keeping those "ducks all in a row" made it necessary for a designated position, namely the corps director, to keep the indoctrination uniform across the board.

Today...........outright laughable. Only 5 or so corps grads. :biglaugh:

The situaton became "too many chiefs and not enough indians."

Even twi recognized this hierarchical absurdity.

:spy:

I spend incomparably more time thinking about things Trinitarian and Calvinistic than I do about TWI, but have occasionally wondered if LCM, on the way down and out from his position as TWI's autocrat, orchestrated a succeeding power structure in which TWI would have no single dominant male MOG figure.

After Martindale's announcement of the lawsuit but before his ouster, he talked about reorganizing things so that the chief teacher and the president were two different people.

My feeling is this was Rosalie's direction. That is certainly how she has taken things, well actually there is no chief teacher. The president seldom if ever speaks to the public. This has diminished the potential for a Craig Martindale sized ego from cropping up again, but it also remove the key ingredient to their growth - a charismatic front man. Without that they have little draw. One way to view TWI is as a personality cult, both with VPW and LCM. Take that away and they don't know how to sell their group.

Good point from skyrider about the Corps Director's role. It is definitely an out-moded concept as is the Way Corps itself.

Yeppers! No charismatic leader to entice and charm the innocent. No foundation to stand on.

The things they teach that are correct can be found in a lot of different churches without the legalism.

The "different" doctrines of theirs don't hold water when actually researched and evaluated.

Between the legalism, the ridiculous requirements for any sort of involvement and lack of any technological presence to counter the anti-TWI communities, all they can really do is enjoy the ride in their $40 Million dollar boat till it starts to sink.

Bliss:

The Corps Director at Camp Gunnison though is a completely different position than the one Harve and others have had.. Mr. Bolchalk actually is no more in charge of any Corps than the few trainees and his secretaries at Camp G. And the VP of Camp G is nothing more than the camp "care taker" overseeing just the day to day needs to keep the Camp going and whatever staff it requires.

There really is no Corps Director outside of Rosalie now.. Who didn't like the idea of Harve being the Corps Director, and a big reason for his departure. Harve felt that because he was Corps Director he had the privilege to council any and all Corps if there were problems without the need for Rosalie's input. And it happened enough times, of course Harve would report everything "after" the fact, that Rosalie made the change..

Oh Ya, Vince, that is right...........

gosh, I forget names so easy now, and its only been a year and a half!

Rosalie the director??? weird, can't see her climbing rocks........... :biglaugh: .

• 2 weeks later...
ok so here's the thread...is it still the way at camp gunnison traiing corps leaders? im so sorry..aunt and uncle are saying they "taught" there this summer. what would they be teaching?

If they are training corps leaders, they would be teaching twi's version of the bible as it relates to recruiting new folks and appropriating money from people...twi is really big on shaking people down for their money...they LOVE other people's money.

Mother of 2

Are your relatives still IN or OUT???? I am a little confused with all your posts.

If they are OUT, then, there is NO WAY that they taught at Gunnison for anything!

If they are IN, then, they could have been brought in for a special teaching or something for the training of the Way Corps leadership.

If you have, half in, half out, well, then there will be contention among your relatives too I'd say!

Nobody IN, likes anybody OUT. and vice-versa.

Many people that left for whatever reason have still held on to the Nostalgia and Experiences in The Way as from God and the Truth.

So...................if they are in a splinter group and still worship VPW and or LCM(highly unlikely) and their teachings, then, they could still be ''full of it'' in their attitudes and ways with you.

they are defintely full of it in a lot of ways...as for whether they are in or out...im not sure if a certain aunt or uncle are in..the other 2 are in plinter groups, one set is completely out, and the other never mentions it anymore or participates in any religios stuff...but like i said, the one aunt and uncle..spent a week at the gunnison camp this summer..so i do not now if they were in a splinter group or the way still..trying to find out.