GreaseSpot Cafe

Thanks

krys

Novemeber 11 we call it remembrance day here where I live. I have a good friend who was a tail gunner the WW2. He says no one can understand what it was like to be up there seing people you knew get blown to bits. My heart goes out to those folks. We can never repay them but to say a great thank-you!

Krys -- I try to thank all military service members/ vets, whenever I come across them.

Sadly -- most folks wait until the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month --

to give recognition and respect.

Those in the service of our country (now and past) deserve it daily.

Edited by dmiller

How about this guy from my state unbelievable.....

Albert Wagner, 107, lives in Smith Center, Kan. The oldest living former Marine, he served in France and Germany attached to the Army. After his service, he became a schools superintendent. At his 106th birthday party, he dozed through most of the festivities, but bolted awake when he heard the Marine Corps Hymn. Was recently honored when Kansas dedicated the World War I Veterans Memorial Highway in Smith County. His son served in the Marines in World War II. He was also recently awarded the highest French medal of honor.