GreaseSpot Cafe

Baghdad Update

oilfieldmedic

Hi folks...God bless y'all!

New camp in the Green Zone (IZ)...spending lots of time at the CSH (Combat Support Hospital)

new address: (mainly for coolchef) send me an email will ya ? oilfieldmedic@hotmail.com

Smokey

Camp Hope

APO AE 09316

So ...I am well, pretty high speed compared to my last assignment

My wife has been home form the hospital for 2-3 weeks now, she's is doing well! Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers too!

One thing good about this place is NO MUD! What a blessing concrete is, never thought I appreciated concrete as much...LOL. I had the pleasure of sitting in Sadaams former palace and having a delicious cup of coffee, then the further pleasure of peeing in his forme gold plated toilet...life is good!

I sure do miss green grass (my home) though)

Gotta run, miss chatting with y'all..please take care and Sushi..."You be sweet now"! :wave:

Edited by oilfieldmedic

OFM-

I watched a CNN program on "Combat Hospitals", in Iraq..Lots of things to do..My heart swelled as I watched it at 4am .yesterday..THey even were triaging Iraqi civilians because the insurgents thought they where giving away info to americans..including children..The soldiers were brave and just went on to heal and some had to get medivaced..My hats off to you....

FOr fun, the medical staff took wheelchairs and sat in them and balanced a cup of urine on them to see who had the best balance while they rolled downstairs on thier rear wheels..it was hysterical..

GLad to hear you wife is doing better..

Happy Thanksgiving!!

post-548-1163955683_thumb.jpg

Edited by likeaneagle

One of my nephews said some of the things in the palace were simply insane to put money into. He was disgusted.

First time one of the 4 serving (3 have or are in Iraq) slept in the barracks in Germany I think it was, he said that that space was like a hotel room in comparison. All 4 have learned so much about life and at such a young age.

May God bless and continue to protect you, as well all that are serving. And I'm glad your wife is healing.

I meant in comparison to where my nephew had been sleeping in Iraq not the palace.

The mud is more of a pseudomud (pun intended)...sort of like choclate moose, uh mouuse, musse, you know what I mean. I cannot state what we really call it, so mud will have to suffice! :)

Hey Eagle, funny you mentioned that, I was working on 2 civilians about a week or two ago, when group of injured were brought in, turns out they were bad guys. Can I add that on my resume?

Thank you all for your kindness, I will think of you and laugh the next time I whiz in the palace...now how's that for appreciation?

Dennis, thank you Sir!

Y'all be well and have a great Thanksgiving

My hat is off to you too Oilfield. Your work is important and you do it well. I'm proud to know you.,

Also happy the wife is on the road to full recovery also.

It's very good to hear from you - will you please try to do it more often as time allows.

krys

Yo, Medic! You and Mrs.Medic are frequently in my prayers - glad to hear she's doing good...Say - - with that gold potty - does anybody ever wonder if someone took a leak and didn't flush? Gosh - there's so many uncertainties in life...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!