GreaseSpot Cafe

NOV/DEC WAY RAG

Belle

Folks, this is my last issue. I’m not renewing my subscription because they raised the prices to an outrageous $20/year. No, seriously, it’s just so sickening to see/read and it’s obvious that they haven’t, nor will they change at the core.

One thing they have done, since they no longer do research and nobody there knows how to write original stuff, they are hawking new items. Yes! You read it here! You can now buy Valiant for the Truth t-shirts to wear. Imagine your whole family decked out in these royal blue t-shirts with an Olympic-style flame on the front encircled with “The Way International” and a “Valiant for the Truth” silk screen logo covering the back. “Let the fire of God’s Word emblazoned upon this t-shirt declare your stand for the truth!” Only $8 – available in sizes S – XXL

If that doesn’t make you give us your money, then buy our new music audiocassette for listeners from 0-99! “Growing Up into Him: Children’s Songs” This is a great way to remember God’s Word. Only $4.

BUT WAIT!! DON’T ORDER YET!

We have these beautiful glass paperweights of the globe that you can place in your office or display elegantly in your home. It also makes a “lovely” gift.

This glass paperweight has frosted oceans and in beautiful TWIt green our logo on one side and “Reaching Out with God’s Word” on the other. 3 inches in diameter and ONLY $19.95. Order yours today!!

BUT WAIT!! DON’T ORDER YET!

You’ll also want to add the new theme poster, post cards and note cards to your collection. These beautiful items are also available in French and Spanish.

Just check page 27 for shipping & handling charges. Remember, everyone will be buying these items and you don’t want to be left out! It would be awfully embarrassing to admit to your leadership that you just don’t like advertising TWI, wouldn’t it? (insert subliminal “probation – buy these – avoid probation” message here)

God Bless You!

Actually the globe doesn't sound bad -- How is the logo applied--etched into the glass?? There is etching cream to take care of that problem or a decorative base or last but not least it could be an emblem of where I was and how far I've come.

I just love glass globes and most are way outside my budget range

Gee Belle so many choices,but at least Now I know what to get you for Christmas Happy Household Holiday........... I'm guessing the paperweights will be a hot seller for members to hold down that stack of unpaid bills due to lack of funds :blink:

Edited by WhiteDove

That's the business of The Way International for you.. Always willing to sell you something to keep their "business" booming..

Always hated those STS for that reason.. They always tried to sell something there.. Didn't Jesus knock over the tables in the temple and tell them to stop making his Father's house a house of merchandise??? Yet the bookstore continued to abound with more and more JUNK!

Go figure.. They have this and that for sale, but the Word of God got sold out long time ago so it is virtually non-existent there.

:wave:

I do, Polar Bear. :biglaugh: But this is my last issue. Since it was so cheap, I subscribed to see if there was any proof of the changes we kept hearing about; to see if they mention numbers at all (which they don't) and to see what was going on with loved ones when they mention individuals.

I used to post practical transcripts of the teaching tapes, but I'm not going to pay for those and I can't bear to listen to them.

You're right. It is a waste of time, but it has been good for the time. I took some scans of the mag and will post those soon.