GreaseSpot Cafe

Ever heard of Yakub?

Belle

OMG - have you heard of this? :o Obviously I hadn't till today. Shocking!

I was doing innocent research on Greece and, here I come across this from the Patmos entry in Wikipedia:

The island is also the place where the Nation of Islam claims that the black scientist Yakub created the white race as part of a misguided breeding program.

According to the Nation of Islam (NOI), Yakub (also spelled Yacub or Yakob), was an evil scientist responsible for creating the white race — a race of devils, in their view. Yakub created white people by a process of "grafting" from the original black population of the world. It took 600 years for Yakub and his successors to fully whiten his creations.

I'm serious about my research being "innocent". Maybe I'm reading y'all wrong, but, I'm looking at finishing a book on Greek culture and found this purely unintentionally. It's something I never knew about before today. :blink:

I really never knew about this and wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one of y'all did. Seems I was living under a rock after 1993 when I got involved with TWI. Prior to that I was having a blast learning about different cultures and beliefs.

Belle, don't you remember PFAL basics on Menslows (sp) of whiter whites and darker darks. How often we forget the basics, I think that article you read is c ap.

I heard someone tell me once that Afro-Americans were not human because they don't blush, out of a quotation in the bible, that they don't have redness in their face when emberrassed. Good Lordy! They do if you are color blind ( no pun intended). I once while in the military observed Jamaican people, even there is extremely darks and lighter whites.

I aint starting a controversy here only IMHO.

quote: According to the Nation of Islam (NOI), Yakub (also spelled Yacub or Yakob), was an evil scientist responsible for creating the white race — a race of devils, in their view. Yakub created white people by a process of "grafting" from the original black population of the world. It took 600 years for Yakub and his successors to fully whiten his creations.

If the NOI is stupid enough to believe that, then no wonder they have some of the problems they have.

Thanks, Jim. :) That smile changes the whole meaning, doesn't it? Kind of like commas and "also"s. :biglaugh:

I have a friend who refuses to be called "black" or "African-American"; he says he's BROWN. :spy:

I'm just floored!! My MBA group was with an Islamic Black among others. She deferred to her husband on a lot of "small stuff", but so did I. She never gave any indication that she believed that and we really got along great. I wish I had kept in touch with her because I think she'd be willing to discuss it with me.

I'm intrigued and apalled. I never learned much of anything about Malcolm X or any of the others mentioned in the article, but if that's what they believe(d) for real, then it explains their hate and intensity a bit.

Had you ever heard of the term "white devils", Belle?

To be clear for those that don't know, Islam and the Nation of Islam are two different things. You can take a look at the Nation of Islam here. Louis Farrakhan has been in the press over the years and if you didn't know that he was a whack job then, yes, you did have your head in twi sand. :biglaugh:

I believe it was Elijah Mohammad that made up the term "white devils" or perhaps the Native Americans may have coined it. I believe Malcolm X was apart of the Nation of Islam but later parted ways. There may be some controversey over that as well as if that had a part in his assasination.

Many white supremisists have a similar view on black races as well. I knew one in my teen years who said, "look at Adam and Eve, they were white." lol I think their view was that "blacks" were a race spawned from Satan himself.

Anywho. I believe Elijah Mohammad was born shortly after the Emancipation Proclomation and was wrongly inprisoned at some point and had a generally bad experience with white folk on the whole. He decided to make a religion out of it. Go figure.

Thanks, WW! :love3:

Disturbing and yet, the same talent for twisting scriptures that we learned, eh? This especially stood out to me.

Many places in the bible will show that a people were grafted from another without any uncertainty. For instance, the Acts 17:26, shows Mr. Yakub must have made or grafted his people (white man) from the Black, for Allah Himself created all nations of one blood. Of course, these nations are the Brown, Red and Yellow. The fifth parties are not really a Nation, but a "race", a group of 400,000,000 people-beast racing with time! In the same verse it shows that, as the Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad has said, these Yakub grafted devils were doomed, or limited from the day they were grafted. The bounds of their habitation on our planet earth was 6,000, and we bear witness he is some 50 years overdue, and only Allah is the best knower! as to how many more days he will be allowed to dwell here in this wilderness (called earth in the bible to throw us off).

Verse 42 of the same chapter further proves it was the lighter babies being separated from the dark, in it, it says; "when the cattle were feeble=light (REMEMBER THE LIGHTER THEY GOT, THE FEEBLER IN REALITY THEY WERE), he (Yakub) put them not in (meaning, not among the Dark); the feeble was Labin's, and the stronger Jacob's (Yakub's). this can be easily understood, because Yakub was a jet Black man. Stronger Yakub's; meaning like Yakub. If there be further doubt in our minds to this and we have an understanding of the bible, we can see where it was predicted, that we, the Black people, had two Nations in our sperm (called womb in Genesis 25:23). In the very same verse it also shows that one people shall be stronger of the two, and for that matter, all others. Verse 23 also further shows the elder would serve the young, we bear witness that we are the elder, for it has not been recorded in history our beginning, over here or over there, yet we know that we have served a boy who is the young AND IS ONLY SIX DAYS OLD! Brother, Mr. Yakub also got an idea about making devils by seeing that his parents had produced a light and a dark baby, as shown in Genesis 25:25.

• 4 weeks later...

To be clear for those that don't know, Islam and the Nation of Islam are two different things. You can take a look at the Nation of Islam here. Louis Farrakhan has been in the press over the years and if you didn't know that he was a whack job then, yes, you did have your head in twi sand. :biglaugh:

I believe it was Elijah Mohammad that made up the term "white devils" or perhaps the Native Americans may have coined it. I believe Malcolm X was apart of the Nation of Islam but later parted ways. There may be some controversey over that as well as if that had a part in his assasination.

Lindy, I did NOT know that Islam and Nation of Islam were two different things. Thank you. I admit that I really ignore any and all news coverage about racism. It just makes my blood boil. So, no, I don't know much about Farrakhan - or Malcolm X for that matter. I'm being enlightened - never heard of "white devils" either. ;) Guess I should crawl out of my cave and pay more attention to these political issues.

Edited by Belle

That's blue-eyed white devils, to you, Lindy!

OMG - have you heard of this? :o Obviously I hadn't till today. Shocking!

I was doing innocent research on Greece and, here I come across this from the Patmos entry in Wikipedia:

The island is also the place where the Nation of Islam claims that the black scientist Yakub created the white race as part of a misguided breeding program.

According to the Nation of Islam (NOI), Yakub (also spelled Yacub or Yakob), was an evil scientist responsible for creating the white race — a race of devils, in their view. Yakub created white people by a process of "grafting" from the original black population of the world. It took 600 years for Yakub and his successors to fully whiten his creations.

Of course I've heard of it before...

Why do you think the concern about Congressman Ellison's background?

I'm glad to know that there's a difference between Islam and this "Nation of Islam" - very deceptive name, no? I'm also glad to know that the congressman is no longer affiliated with or supportive of that group.

Thanks for the ed-you-ma-ka-shun, y'all!