GreaseSpot Cafe

truly offensive!!!

potato

I was burning some mouse-clicks and dropped in at one of the twi groups on myspace, and some little twit be-otch has posted a complaint about this myspace group: http://myspace.com/thewaycult

here's what she says:

Someone has formed a myspace against The Way Ministry. His URL is myspace.com/thewaycult. I have reported this site to Tom has having offensive material, but if enough of us do this, perhaps we can get his site shut down. He has sent me numerous messages trying to slam the Ministry. When I argued sensibly against his absurd claims, he attacked me personally. His site is rude, prejudiced, and offensive. Please contact Tom and report this site! It's worth fighting for.

Love always, in the name of Jesus Christ,

Lois

obviously her parents raised her in the way she should go and she hasn't departed from it. poor thing, she doesn't understand that it's not offensive to use your brain. now, if the problem was that he harassed her, that's a legit complaint, but her beef seems simply to be that he disagrees with her.

edited for bad mouseclicks.

Edited by potato

Criminey!!! If that poster at http://myspace.com/thewaycult

ever decides to post in PARAGRAPHS,

I might take the time to read it!!

otherwiseitjustlookslikeabunchofdisjointedwordsstrungtogetherlikethesehereare

withnoregardforthereaderoranyoneelseconcernedwhomightberemotelyinterested

inwhatisbeingsaidto thepoormasseswhoareunabletofigurethingsoutforthemselves..

:confused: :confused:

Edited by dmiller

yes, griffp, her ignorance is truly alarming.

and dmiller, we may not be able to read what he wrote, but we must defend his right to post it! myspace is the church doors of our day and time!

well, sorta. it's got to be good for SOMETHING!

There is no reason for MySpace to shut down the site, outside of a blatant disregard for using paragraphs. The entire (1 page) site is basically a wikipedia page with the readability formating stripped out.

Right. Point taken. And don't let the door hit you in the ---.

:evildenk:

d, I usually leave way too fast for that to be any real risk ;)

I supposewe could all become 'Friends"

I think I'll apply for friendship just so I can comment.... and give people one more way to find GS!

Just for fun, I poked in "the way" and "the way international" keywords into the search engine for groups, and found NOTHING.

It seems fairly obvious that "they" do not want to be found.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

Just for fun, I poked in "the way" and "the way international" keywords into the search engine for groups, and found NOTHING.

It seems fairly obvious that "they" do not want to be found.

They don't want to be found, but with a little Sleuthing, They can be......

http://groups.myspace.com/thewayint

Enjoy! :evildenk:

Read awhile, it will make you sad reading some of their claims and information about the way....

Ryan

There is no reason for MySpace to shut down the site, outside of a blatant disregard for using paragraphs. The entire (1 page) site is basically a wikipedia page with the readability formating stripped out.

His Royal Greasiness is correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_International

Now - click on the pic of the Wierwille Home - it's link is the first one below the displayed pic of the Auditorium - the pics are from the Family Tables website...

verrrryyyyyy interesting!

you know what's interesting.... the groups FOR twi are members only, restricted membership, and the groups trying to expose them are open. guess who's got something to hide?

you know what's interesting.... the groups FOR twi are members only, restricted membership, and the groups trying to expose them are open. guess who's got something to hide?

Aw shucks! I guess I cain't orthotomounta no more. (sniff!)

:( :( :( :(

:biglaugh:

Edited by dmiller

I found the way/cult posts offensive. It was the same misrepresentation regurgitation that polluted all the anti cult books from the 70s (mindbenders, youth brainwashing and the extremist cults, kingdom of the cults, etc.). I can see the TWI people not wanting outsiders raining on their parade. There was a poster here on GSC a year or so ago who had nothing but scathing posts against GSC and the mods and certain posters. Guess what? He got kicked off.

But myspace probably can't take sides. The TWI people will have to get their own website, just like Landoverbaptist. That site is wacko.

take note, the TWIt who posted that wasn't as much offended by being contacted by him as she was that his site existed. it doesn't matter if his site is anti-cult, he has as much of a right to an opinion as anyone else.

forum owners can kick people off. myspace can, too, but it seems unlikely they'd do it because one of their members is offended by another calling their "church" a cult. I'm offended by her disrespect of thewaycult's right to hold his own opinion, so can I get her shut down? and so on, and so on.