GreaseSpot Cafe

How do you see things, Is your mind close or open, Were do you stand on matters

year2027

God first

How do you see things, Is your mind close or open, Were do you stand on matters

Beloved friends of Grease Spot Café. I guess you know what is next, ok here it is God loves us all my dear friends.

You may say what a odd title to what I am about to write but lets see were it takes us my dear friends.

What kind of picture did you see why in the Way Ministry I sat and asked you was it like the picture I painted in the Way either black or white.

I had a day dream were I look at a white picture of truth but I could not make out the white words on the white page in the white book, nor could I make out the black words on the black page in the black book.

So I went to God and asked for a true color book with color words on a color page. Now I can focus on a part of the book and read many parts that can help me grow.

Where were you while in the Way my mind was close and I could not see outside the Way cult today I see things in greater detail because I know the Way only had a small part of truth.

So today my mind is open to look at the pictures of many people of old and new and not just the Way so called part of truth that the Way push on us as whole.

Were do I stand? I fall outside the way brain of white-washing which I received there today I what red-washing alone with green-washing and all colors-washing.

So were do you stand are you open minded today or are you closed minded. How do you debate truth today.

Today I try to set that I only see in part but I want a bigger picture than I had in the Way Ministry.

What about you?

Thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

So were do you stand are you open minded today or are you closed minded. How do you debate truth today.

Today I try to set that I only see in part but I want a bigger picture than I had in the Way Ministry.

What about you?

Good questions, Roy. :)

I agree with you. "We see through a glass darkly" and I think nobody has all the answers - I certainly know I don't, therefore it behooves me to listen to what others "think" the answers to some of life's questions are.... after all, I might just learn a thing or two.

I don't debate so much anymore. Mostly because I do believe we don't and can't know as much as some of us would like to think we do. I keep what fits and works in my life realizing that the same things don't necessarily fit or work in the lives of everyone else. Who am I to judge?

I've learned more about beliefs, the way people think, theology and the history of religion in the past two years than I did during the entire 10+ years I was involved with TWI. It's a lot more peaceful and freeing to realize that I don't have all the answers and that it's perfectly okay.

Life is so much more free and peaceful when there isn't that pressure to know all the answers nor to have to defend what I happen to think is right.

God first

Beoved Belle

God loves you my dear friend

today I try to just share but at times I fall into a debate but that is not my goal

I enjoy the way you put things in loving words I hope more people read your words because I loved your reply

thank you

Life is so much more free and peaceful when there isn't that pressure to know all the answers nor to have to defend what I happen to think is right.

ain't that the truth! I can't believe how much free time I have to just think and consider compared to what I did... I went from zero to about 30 minutes a day almost as soon as I left. for someone taking care of all the business I am, that's a lot.

not only the time, but the FREEDOM to think. I love that. I'm not good at it yet, but before twi I was smart and I'm recovering it as I go.

today I try to just share but at times I fall into a debate but that is not my goal

same here, Roy. that old habit of having to be right at any cost, including giving up my own beliefs and dreams, will die hard. I was in twi for 20 years. it tood a long time to build that arrogant righteousness, but I'm working on getting rid of it :rolleyes:

I had a day dream were I look at a white picture of truth but I could not make out the white words on the white page in the white book, nor could I make out the black words on the black page in the black book.

Pretty profound, Roy.

There is so much more in life between black and white.

And a person ususally can't enjoy it without being freed from the constant necesity of being "right".

...So were do you stand are you open minded today or are you closed minded. How do you debate truth today.Today I try to set that I only see in part but I want a bigger picture than I had in the Way Ministry.

What about you?

Great thread, Roy – and great posts everyone! I LOVE discussions like this! I like to think I'm more open minded than I was in TWI – in terms of having a willingness to consider another point of view. I love the way you put that – "Today I try to set that I only see in part but I want a bigger picture than I had in the Way Ministry." That's my game plan too.

How do I debate truth today? Well…I really see it as more of a process of exploration. I've said this before on another thread – it sounds hokey but it's my attitude most of the time I'm on GSC: On discussions I'm more into discovery than debate. I love engaging people of different viewpoints – even totally different viewpoints or perhaps even one the exact opposite of mine. It's very rewarding when everyone is courageous enough to speak their mind on something, courteous enough to truly listen to others, and thoughtful enough to give the topics on the table their best shot.

And I don't think it's a "truth" that I'm after – in the sense of I'm looking for the ultimate answer for something. It's more like – frequently checking my head out to see if I'm doing my best thinking on something, trying to make my little sub-processor [my assumptions, point of view, etc.] as an overt process as possible – so I can see how I'm handling the data coming in. It's more a matter of honing my thinking skills than debate skills. Sometimes my opinion will change because of someone else's input. Sometimes a belief of mine becomes stronger or weaker or is refined.

I'm always harping on critical thinking, analytical thinking, thinking out loud – people must get the idea that I think I'm the foremost authority on critical thinking. Nope – far from it. I'm like a kid with a newly discovered toy – since coming to GSC! Most threads I get on I still [after coming here for a year] feel like a kid getting to play ball with the pros! It's not like I haven't been thinking on my own since I left TWI 20 years ago – but since coming here I've gained a lot of confidence in the thinking process. TWI does a number on yah – where you doubt your mental capacity. Coming here is such exquisite therapy! You don't know what a comfort it was in coming to GSC and reading about others questioning certain doctrines or practices or about TWI's screwy mental-games or weird social dynamics…Bottom line – I've come to realize it's normal to think and feel the way we do after experiencing something like TWI…Sorry if I'm sounding like one of those blithering-idiot-basket-case types you just brought to Twig – but I really got delivered on this website, man!

Edited by T-Bone

What about you?

Thank you

I am a little open-minded today as I look at different beliefs (even as wacky as TWI's) and try to analyze and make sense out of them. In other words, I look at both sides of the story. I respect and try to respect other people's beliefs

IMO, if something works well in your life, fine. However, I am not certainly open to people who try to shove their beliefs down my throat or start babbling that their lifestyle is better than mine. How do they know? Just because it works for them doesn't mean that it works for me.

Just like I said in my intro, if I am asked if I believe JesusChrist is God, my response is and will always be: DOES IT MATTER?

I am really and truly FREE 11 years after I left (escaped) from TWI.

If I am M & A by them and by all their believers, I don't need them.

Edited by FreeFromCults

God first

Beloved T-Bone and FreeFromCults

God loves us my dear friends

I am glad that's your game plan too T-Bone

I like the ideal to try to discovery more than debate

great words I just had say thank you T-Bone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I don't think it's a "truth" that I'm after – in the sense of I'm looking for the ultimate answer for something. It's more like – frequently checking my head out to see if I'm doing my best thinking on something, trying to make my little sub-processor [my assumptions, point of view, etc.] as an overt process as possible – so I can see how I'm handling the data coming in. It's more a matter of honing my thinking skills than debate skills. Sometimes my opinion will change because of someone else's input. Sometimes a belief of mine becomes stronger or weaker or is refined.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here a statement that I love to see as a living part of Grease Spot Cafe because its true for me too thanks T-Bone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm always harping on critical thinking, analytical thinking, thinking out loud – people must get the idea that I think I'm the foremost authority on critical thinking. Nope – far from it. I'm like a kid with a newly discovered toy – since coming to GSC! Most threads I get on I still [after coming here for a year] feel like a kid getting to play ball with the pros! It's not like I haven't been thinking on my own since I left TWI 20 years ago – but since coming here I've gained a lot of confidence in the thinking process. TWI does a number on yah – where you doubt your mental capacity. Coming here is such exquisite therapy! You don't know what a comfort it was in coming to GSC and reading about others questioning certain doctrines or practices or about TWI's screwy mental-games or weird social dynamics…Bottom line – I've come to realize it's normal to think and feel the way we do after experiencing something like TWI…Sorry if I'm sounding like one of those blithering-idiot-basket-case types you just brought to Twig – but I really got delivered on this website, man!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I try to "look at both sides of the story. I respect and try to respect other people's beliefs" -- thanks FreeFromCults

Yes just because it "works for them doesn't mean that it works for" another like me and you -- thanks FreeFromCults

I too believe whether Jesus is God or not is a small thing which "DOES IT MATTER?" or for me does not matter or at least I try to live were it does not matter -- thanks FreeFromCults

yes "I have (escaped) from TWI" too -- thanks FreeFromCults

thank you

Edited by year2027

Roy,Gotta add my two cents,I feel like paul the apostle,scales have been removed from my eyes,I can see clearly,come to my own conclussions,live in my own head and be comfortable with who I am,this is a suprise

I like where I am and know God has a plan for me,not following a ministrys plan for me.

Well Roy.. another friend asked me the question, "if you found out that everything that you believed was wrong, what would you do.."

I kinda had that happen.. it only took a split second or so.

It was kind of like- my ego and individuality were stripped off, for a moment.

NO- it was not drug induced.

In a sense, I wish it was- If only I could find a drug to duplicate it, I'd be rich, heheh.

I saw what was inside of another individual.- and it almost burned my skin off, but it did not actually hurt.

I still feel like I have holes burned in me.

I went as far to talk to a "shrink" about it..

:biglaugh:

The thing about it- I now think that we ALL have the same light in us.

If we knew what we really were, we'd be sooo dagone egotistical.. probably good most of us don't know it, on a conscious level.

But most of us go through life- at least from what I have observed- and I hear "daggone it, I'm too fat, I don't have enough money, I'm too thin, I am nasty- I smoke, I'm too this, I'm too that, I don't have enough of this, I don't have enough of that..."

and "they" who hold these thoughts, DON'T HAVE A CLUE.

Here we are.. perhaps one of the most beautiful things in all of God's creation.. and we worry: whether our hair is combed just right.. whether we are precisely 115 pounds, or... on and on..

sheesh.

OK.. I hope this is not more than you were asking for..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

God first

Beloved Mr. Hammeroni

God loves us all my dear friend

this what I wanted to hear because it what I needed to hear myself

at times I think I am too fat and a few other things but I try to think being fat is not a big deal

maybe we should all try to answer your question "if you found out that everything that you believed was wrong, what would you do..?"

your reply puts a topic inside a topic which is good because it gives more direction to think about as talk about "How do you see things"

with added what if's

I hope all read your reply and think about what you said my friend from top to bottom

thank you