GreaseSpot Cafe

Hi - just new here and looking for a friend...

muffinsmom

Hello everyone!

I'll tell you my story and hope you can help me find a friend...

About 15 years ago I had a very good work friend who was a member, along with her husband, of TWI. She took me to several meetings, at her home, at the home of a "pastor" for a Bible study, and I even spent a weekend at the compound in Ohio. It all creeped me out, to be frank. I'm a faithful Roman Catholic and always have been. She was a good friend, and I was being polite in going with her because she was so excited about what she was doing, conversion for me was never a possibility.

Well, about 12 years ago, she and her husband quit their jobs to become full time missionaries for TWI in Louisiana. I never heard from her again, and then with the spread of the Internet, I started to learn more and more scary things about TWI, and have always been quite concerned about them and where they ended up, or if they are still part of the organization.

Their names are Krisann and Jake Jacobs, and they were originally from Michigan.

If anyone knows them, or knows of them, I would love to know how they are doing.

Thanks for your time,

~mm

Hi muffinsmom.

I wish I could help you but I don't know them.

There is a thread on "True Friends" on the "About The Way" forum right now.

How's that for irony?

There is also a prayer forum you might want to post in.

Lots of times people visit it and pray but don't post. Well, OK, they post with "The Big Guy" but I think you get my drift.

Welcome to GSC.

Do you like old movies, tv shows or songs? Stop by "The Reading Room" and test your memory.

:wave:

Edited by waysider

DearMuffinmom, Welcome to GSC. would you like some hot cocoa? Today's menu includes Carolina BBQ, Brunswick Stew, Maine lobster, and some other goodies. Raf will be your waiter this evening, while Belle, Rascal and Brambles are getting a cooking lesson from Gordon Ramsey.

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Uh Oh! Sounds like a new visitor to "In The Kitchen".

I don't lurk there too often 'cause I need to shed a few pounds.

My grandson Cletus(That's his name) says"Geeze, Grandpaw, are you fixin' to have a baby?"

I just tell him"Yep, and I think it's gonna be soon 'cause the little fella's already poked one of his legs out." :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!Long time browser,first time poster.Seems like many of the "friends" you make in the way are conditional.So long as you stay the course and follow the leader,they love you like family because,of course, earthly family has no precedence over believers.I'd love to know how B@B and R@ta F@rt are,they were two who dared to question,and did not always follow the rules. :eusa_clap:

Perhaps I should've mentioned the fact that my husband and I got in in 1994 and were in until 1998.We took all the classes except the a.c.on the w.a.p Some of the tc we fellowshipped with were m&a not long after we joined.So we got shuffled around often.Guess it was not long after we left that martindale fell apart and took the ministry along for the ride.I even went back after rivenbark was made prez,but when I asked what happened to martindale,no one said a word!I started looking for info on the internet and I found this site.No matter what innies say about people like us,at least we were smart enough to get out!!