GreaseSpot Cafe

International Fellowship?

Hmm. Looks like one of their lastest efforts generating funds..

Mr. H. --- with all due respect, you haven't a clue about CES *fund raising*.

Granted -- they mention *partnership* with them as an org.

They do not now (nor ever have), MANDATED money,

(unlike another org you and I are both familiar with).

So while you want to liken them to twi in every possible aspect,

some of those aspects just don't cut it.

'Nother words -- you know not whereof you speak.

So it's better to keep your mouth shut and seem to be a fool,

rather than open it and remove all doubt from those to whom you speak.

Especially to those of us who are familiar with the *fund raising*,

and for the purposes for which it is used.

From what I understand, CES/STFI has not taken the same route of twi regarding "financial extortion" through the guise of a "10% God"...that's to their credit.

I think that dmiller has been very honest with us and himself concerning this whole matter and I wanted to mention that..."these days" you have my respect regarding this whole messy affair and how you have handled it....you're one of the good guys. :)

Now...back to our regularly scheduled program of bashing CES/STFI...

From what I understand, CES/STFI has not taken the same route of twi regarding "financial extortion" through the guise of a "10% God"...that's to their credit.

I think that dmiller has been very honest with us and himself concerning this whole matter and I wanted to mention that..."these days" you have my respect regarding this whole messy affair and how you have handled it....you're one of the good guys. :)

Now...back to our regularly scheduled program of bashing CES/STFI...

Groucho -- you're a scholar, and a gentleman!! :spy:

Mr. H. --- with all due respect, you haven't a clue about CES *fund raising*.

Granted -- they mention *partnership* with them as an org.

They do not now (nor ever have), MANDATED money,

(unlike another org you and I are both familiar with).

I did not intimate that. It was a mild (and apparently vain) attempt at a little humor,

"Getting donations will be like trying to pull teeth".

:)

they are absolutely upfront about asking for money. my problem is, i have memory (though my long-term is better than my short!), and i remember them saying, in a very early incarnation: "We will never ask anyone for money."

then, of course, they decided it was scriptural to ask. and they haven't stopped for a moment since!

• 3 weeks later...

So being out here in right field...are people still interested in domestic or international fellowships? Obviously the financial issue is a touchy one, but maybe if they hadn't kept writing all those books..? Anyway, if you want to come over to my place, I can definitely show you a few spiders or two, and they won't be on film! We can share a little of the Word and then go fishing, ok?

That sounds alittle more appealing than going to a dentists office fellowship in Indiana, ----at least to me-

What kind of fish are you pulling in? and where are you today?

Nous sommes au Senegal maintenant. Four weeks of restaurants in Afrique de Sud all the Kudo, Springbok, steaks, ostrich, etc., together with really nice SA wines make you forget about driving on the other side of the road. Lots of fish here though. Buy an airline ticket and come to Africa.

It's a nice change from living on "the net"!