GreaseSpot Cafe

the "the way" you this dissolving?

Laura

[font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

hola!

por lo que estoy viendo en estos dias, parece que cada vez son mas los hasta ahora lideres de "the way" que se van del ministerio...

es el fin de este movimiento??

que piensan??

Laura.

Laura,

Yo creo The Way esta muy proximo a el fin.

Salud,

Robin

:blink: robin;

ya han pasado muchos años de este movimiento, pero veo por las fechas que estan en el foro que en los ultimos años comenzo la decadencia... a que crees que se debe esto??

el exodo continuara??...

podes explicarme que dice en español, de Martindale, creo haber leido, que esta como de merito, y

ayudando al ministerio?? sera cierto, despues de todo lo que hizo???

saludos

Laura

Laura,

Buen venido! Espero que te gusta una cafe Yankee!

El ministerio de “The Way” (o se dice El Camino en Argentino) ha sido en decadencia hasta muchos anos, especialmente desde 2000. Si, el exodo continua hasta hoy, aunque pienso que ha logrado una forma de estabilidad recien, quisa. Si hay crecimiento, es por causa de los hijos y nietos de miembros que han quedado.

Con respecto a Martindale … bueno me parece que es un “desaparacido” (que quiere decir otra cosa en tu pais), y no tiene mucho merito con este movimiento ahora. Pero, que se yo … ha vivido una vida en secreto por la majoria de sus dias – especialmente cuano fue el presidente de El Camino.

Chau –

:eusa_clap: I don't think I've actually even SEEN it before!

hahaha

Je ne comprende pas.....

Porquoi vous ne parlez pas en Anglais?

As long as we're speaking in "tongues" here - might as well make it the tower of Babel.

Anyone know Klingon or Elfin?

Coolchief, Laura says she is from Argentina and proably doesn't speak English. or to say it, Laura habla ingles por favor por nosostros. pardon me, gracias. Thomas

Laura,

Permit me to attempt to explain the attitudes of of some of my countrymen. Since we Americans (we claim that that title exclusively for ourselves, notwithstanding the fact that Argentina and the rest of of the people living in Western Hemisphere are in the Americas)are the richest nation on earth and the world's only remaining superpower, we expect that the rest of the world to speak English. We can appreciate other cultures in small doses and we do this usually to make ourselves feel more cosmopolitan. When we do travel to other countries, we usually stay in colonial like resorts where there are well groomed, uniformed natives who absolutely must speak English to cater to our every whim.

Such is our collective worldview. That is why we have our corporations and military bases strewn throught the world -to keep the world's wealth flowing in our direction and that everyone speak English.

Robin

Laura,

Permita que procure explicar las actitudes de algunos de mis paisanos. Puesto que nosotros americanos (demandamos que ese título exclusivamente para nosotros mismos, a pesar del hecho de que la Argentina y el resto de la gente que vive en hemisferio occidental son en el Americas)are la nación más rica en la tierra y superpotencia restante del mundo la única, contamos con que el resto del mundo para hablar inglés. Podemos apreciar otras culturas en dosis pequeñas y hacemos esto generalmente para hacernos la sensación más cosmopolita. Cuando viajamos a otros países, permanecemos generalmente en colonial como los recursos donde allí se preparan bien, los naturales uniformados que deben hablar absolutamente inglés para abastecer a nuestro cada capricho. Tal es nuestro worldview colectivo. Ése es porqué tenemos nuestras corporaciones y throught derramado las bases militares el mundo - para guardar la abundancia del mundo el fluir en nuestra dirección.

Robin

Laura,

I apologize for not realizing that you only speak Spanish. I am not one of those typical Americans that expect the rest of the world to speak my language.

Perhaps I assumed that since you are posting on a board and in a forum that is English, that you yourself did know some English as well and were being funny - as many of us here at the Cafe are at times. Hence, my sarcastic remark... Please forgive me if I offended or hurt your feelings.

I hope you find many friends here at the Cafe. I unfortunately, spent my High School years learning French so I must bid you "A bientot." (I think that is "Hasta la vista." - although I am not sure if I have spelled it properly.)

Dooj

Would some kind soul care to translate.....?

I apologize also. I am sorry for my all to quick knee jerk reaction to jump on the soapbox and launch into a tiride that skewers decent and well intentioned folks here. My views are what they are regarding how Americans generally view the rest of the world. Yet I should have taken a more harmless and sensitive approach by just allowing Thomas post to clarify the situation with Laura's mastery of English.

Robin

I apologize also. I am sorry for my all to quick knee jerk reaction to jump on the soapbox and launch into a tiride that skewers decent and well intentioned folks here. My views are what they are regarding how Americans generally view the rest of the world. Yet I should have taken a more harmless and sensitive approach by just allowing Thomas post to clarify the situation with Laura's mastery of English.

Robin

Thanks Robin.:) I went to Italy as a missionary in 1974,

and it upset me (in the beginning) that I didn't speak Italian.

It worked out in the end, but ----

I didn't want to be another *crass* American expecting the locals to cater to me.

But you're right. Most Americans DO expect to be catered to when it comes to language.

I did see plenty of that, while I was there.

Also -- I hope my Spanish here is acceptable.

I had 5 years of Spanish, but that was 30 years ago.

Am using google for a lot of it here.

Many words look familiar, but not sure if they are correct. :)

Para Laura -- traducción del antedicho:

Gracias Robin. Fui a Italia como a misionario, en 1974,

y estuve trastornado (en el principo) que no hablo Italiano.

Se resolvio finalmente, pero ---

No quierro para ser una otra *problema* Americano a esperar los naturales para abastecer a mi.

Veo mucho de eso, cuando estoy alli.

Pero tienes razon. La mayoría del Americanos esperar ser abastecido a la lengua.

Vi mucho de eso, cuando era alli.

Tambien -- Espero que mi Espanol aqui esta aceptable.

Tenía cinco anos de Espanol, pero 30 años de hace.

Estoy utilizando *google* para mas de aqui.

Muchas de la palabras parecer familiar, pero no conoce si están correctos. :)

For the picture a few posts above.

Loy loDHom ghajtaH Daj nach Dung Daj!

thanks,

my ingles is bad !!!! je comprend un pou francais, e tanto piu di italiano, cosi, que si volete possiamo parlare in altro idioma, but my ingles is very, very bad, i am sorry.

i have five years in school, the ingles, but i never learned enough.

gracias Robin por traducir lo que escriben, no me molesta que escriban en ingles, utilizo el traductor.

Laura