GreaseSpot Cafe

New Way Corps

Bolshevik

Redeem the time for the days are evil.. And sticking in TWI does not constitute redeeming any amount of time waiting for your opportunity which may or may not come so that you can what?! Fix TWI? Be the hero? Come on..Get real. Jesus Christ is the only hero.

This world thrives on movies and the silent "persona" that say we can be "The ONE!", the Neo, the Christ that saves everyone from the evil. I mean, who doesn't want to be?! Trying to be the 'one" that saves TWI just won't happen. We've been called to the body of Christ. Not an organisation. Yes, we are all unique, but even Paul said he plants, Apollos waters but whose the one?! It ain't you! Get rid of that mindset, and start thinking about the larger picture. God's picture. You in the Body of Christ helping as fellow-labourers alongside the rest.

If you can't do that in the Way, then redeem the time, and go somewhere where you can, because the harvest is truly plenteous.

Bubble Trouble

I lived in a bubble for a long time.

Every so often I'd try to poke through.

I'd push and push

Stretch that bubble

But then.....BOING

I'd bounce back and find myself

in the same place again.

Finally one day

Along came a pin

Pricked a hole in that bubble

Decompression pulled me out

But others were crushed within.

Then I'll be damned

when I find myself

stuck to another bubble.

Damn this bubble trouble!

This time I'm on the outside

A force inside trying to pull me in.

I almost slip through

but then I remember

and poke that bubble with a pin.

Some inside escape like I

Others are crushed within.

One thing for sure that I have determined

Ain't no way in hell I'm going back in.

Don't know if my poem is scientifically accurate.....but I hope you catch my drift.

Edited by I Love Bagpipes

I know I already posted this on another thread - but if they stay - they will be singing this:

Going Slightly Mad

Appropriately in black and white....with just a little color toward the end.

(btw dooj, when I clicked your link on this thread it sent me to the open thread where I had to scroll up and click the link on that thread. Might just be my puter....)

A lot of good thoughts on here already. I especially agree with Sudo, socks, and Oakspear.

I have heard this too- the fix it idea. It is couragous (sort of) and fruitless and not worth it. I say sort of because most if the time I have heard this, they speak of "laying low" or "holding out" untill they have the opportunity to fix it. Not really all that couragous. What is couragous doing the thing you know you will get kicked out for or confronted for because it is the right thing to do. Lying low years and years while there are things that you know are wrong, is actually cowardly. Ok, forget what I said about it being couragous. Couragous is what people like catcup, John (igotout)and Faith, and Oak and others did. They spoke up when they knew something was wrong even though it cost them their marriage, family, or their position in TWI.

Keeping quite untill PERHAPS you can MAYBE do something SOMEDAY, while people are getting hurt or are fustrated or feel trapped or are just throwing they're money away on TWI and rent, is wrong and is egocentric. If someone feels there is something wrong they they should speak up now. If they think they won't be received well, then that should be a red flag.

I consider my silent exit strategy couragous too. Deciding to leave and leaving is couragous. It is a big decision. The reason people stay when they are uncomfortable with things or feel things are really wrong is fear. Another red flag. It isn't life threatening. You won't be a greasespot by midnight. You won't be leaving the one true household and God's protection.

Believe me, TWI leaders have a "this is the way things are and if you don't like it leave" mentality these days. Nothing new, but you nor anyone else will change that anytime soon. It sounds like the only way to get Marked and Avoided these days is by trying to take others with you.

I think most the people that think they can change things at somepoint don't realise how wrong things are and have been from the begining.

Edited by lindyhopper

What makes this thread even more interesting is the fact that twi's secret internet police have been reading it also...

...Now suspicion will fester within their ranks...who are the traitors? Another purge?

Now, ya see, here's what I don't get.

They are "tapped in"/ Gettin'" heavy revvy"/ and have their "spiritual scanners" on high beam and yet they still need to come to GSC to see what's going on in "the world"??

Get out,folks, and join the Flat Earth Society. At least they have a cool website. :biglaugh:

Fix it?

Count on spending as many years, maybe more, after they kick you out, "fixing" yourself.