GreaseSpot Cafe

The Official God F.A.Q.

GT

I've never really investigated if other faiths besides Christianity posit the "fallen man" theology, but it doesn't seem to be central to any others. In the early centuries of the Christian church, the doctrine of the fall of man and its implications wasn't settled. Pelagius, a monk from the British Isles taught that mankind could avoid sinning and freely choose to obey the commandments of God and did not have a nature that predestined them to sin, as Augustine taught. Pegius' teaching were declared a heresy.

I agree with Bramble in that not believing that man is "fallen" does not imply that man is perfect or does not need to change or improve himself. Man is far from perfect and many religious beliefs and practices can offer paths to improving man's state. In fact, most religion, outside of the component regarding the nature or existance of a divinity or divinities, is largely concerned with actions: ethics, morals, interactions among people.

From my studies thus far, it is pretty much a Christian only doctrine. Even the Jewish people do not teach the "fallen man" theology.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! It's coming up again so soon? I was late for the last one too!

Don't think this has gone unnoticed, Mr. Aar. Headquarters is getting rather spiritually suspicious. I guess it's a matter of where your priorities lie.

I also notice, your sacrificing reports are not on my desk (in triplicate). If I can't rely on you to show up on time and get your reports in, I'm just going to have to find someone else to take over your responsibilities as head bunny sacrificer.

If this keeps up, I have no other choice than to put you on spiritual probation for six months. I truly hope I don't have to do this, but you're not giving me a ton of options here.

Sushi,

Re:"I'm just going to have to find someone else to take over your responsibilities as head bunny sacrificer."

That won't be necessary as I have some sad news for all the kiddies. There was a terrible accident. No Easter candy this year. :( . I'm sure a replacement will be found by next year, though.

Easter_Is_Cancelled.jpg

sudo

Hmmmm…looks like an eggcident – but could be a bunnicide. Better call in the CSI fellas – naw, forget that – sometimes they take too long…Call CES and have them pull their last five personal prophecies on that rabbit.