GreaseSpot Cafe

Believer Marriages That Lasted

TOMMYZ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My hubby and I have been together for 20 years this August. We met at Emporia and became good friends. We got married after graduation. We promised to each other that we would never bring up the word, "Divorce" and we haven't. We have two kids, one is about to graduate high school and the other doing well in school. We are both sold out on God and His Word and we can't stand religion. Have a great day everyone and smileeeeeeeeeeeee :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My husband and I have been married 18 years, and have known each other 22. We have three children. We certainly agree with you about being sold out on God and His Word. It's nice to hear from someone who still believes in God and His Word and is still positive. You go, girl!!!!!

Socks: great poem. Thanks for allowing us to share your anniversary.

And for the gentleman in the middle of a divorce: you will be in my prayers. I wish you well.

Great thread! Nancy and I will be celebrating 30 years in August. She is my best friend and companion. Old love is la beautiful thing, all of the pretense and doubts are over and a calm settles over. You are free to be yourself and you have someone to be yourself with!

We met as WOWS in Davenport Ia in 75. She was my branch leader, 5th corps and I was a mere West Virginia hillbilly. Now she is no longer my branch leader, even though she my try to tell me what to do! LOL

We met through mutual TWI friend in 1979. Married in April 1980 outside TWI because

1. No one was ordained in our state.

2. Our marriage wasn't 'approved' because he was on meds for obsessive/compulsive disorder.

I found that too be a bit too involved in someone's personal life and said so. I was never much of an insider... :redface2:

We left TWI physically in 1987, but emotionally distanced in 1982.

We are coming up on our 27th anniversary and have always placed the marriage above the individuals.