GreaseSpot Cafe

Why do Greasespotters greasespot?

WordWolf

What's the motive for most GSC posters telling all the stories?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What's the motive for most GSC posters telling all the stories?

• They are unable to escape the bitterness of what happened, and wallow here in it.
    • They believe it is important to bring the truth to light.
    • Neither. They're just bored and tell them for attention.
    • Neither. They made up these stories for attention.
    • Hey man, I just came for the coffee....

Hi Through. I relate to your post. For many years I was deathly ashamed of TWI and that I was involved with it. It just takes time to heal. Don't fret about it. You don't need to advertise that TWI was part of your life. Think of it as a bad bout with an illness that has been treated, and that you are now healing up from. Hang out here, do some searches on topics that interest, or concern, you. Lots of love gets poured out in these pages...go find it...it will help the healing process. Want some prayer? Just ask. It's awful nice to know you've found people who understand what you are going thru, and are willing to help, or just listen.

That's some good advice for a lot of folks. Some folks were hurt more than others and I have noticed that the "crime" didn't have to be a "major" one (not quite sure how to say this without making anyone feel belittled) sometimes something that one person would consider 'trivial" really packed a punch to someone else. I guess what I am saying is that no-one need feel embarrassed, or think that they need to appologize for not being 'victimized'. Just have a seat, relax, you all are among family, and if not family then at least among folks that care, regardless of what cult or religion we once or now belong to.

I'm here because after being in my self imposed isolation for so long I finally decided to stick my head out of my proverbial shell and Google TWI. This came up...as many testify...I got caught up on the news and met a few folks in the process. I stay because I enjoy talking to ya'll, and I am finding that some of the stuff that I had relegated to the dark and dingy shelves labeled "Never touch again!" in my mind actually need to be taken out and dusted. If some of my experiences help others...so much the better. I also find that folks in the world don't understand what I am saying when I talk about some of my time in TWI. But they don't go nuts when I tell them that I was in a cult either.

I also stick around for all the wonderful stuff that Rainbow said...

Edited by Eyesopen

I post here because if I didn't ----

I'd have time to shave. ;)

Seriously --- GSC is the twi we thought we once knew.

Got the same mix of folks, same mix of experiences,

same differences (remember the WOW field???!!!),

and on and on and on.

This here is the family we should of had back then.

Great idea for a thread, Word Wolf! I chose the one: They believe it is important to bring the truth to light… I pretty much go along with what everyone else has already said – great posts all! A few months after joining GSC – I began to feel it was my moral duty as a Christian and as a citizen of a free country to tell of my TWI experiences, reflect on the details of their deceptive doctrines and the impact it all had on my life.

DMiller, I really got a kick out of your post – GSC is sort of like the WOW field. We’re all likeminded around a common belief – TWI sucks! Folks coming together from different parts of the world. I love all the inspirational one-liners that I hear during manifestations [threads], like: GSC calls us thinkers because that is what we’re expected to do. Some of the thinkers who go WOW [We’re Outtada Way] have never lived away from home [under the iron fist of TWI leadership] and are so excited with the chance to flex their wings...What a great bunch of folks here – I really mean that!

• 1 year later...
Besides, on a whole, from all the places I go to on the net, which isn't many, grant you but still..I find the people at Greasespot on the whole a hell of a lot more intelligent than most.

why thank you so much. that's why i'm here

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha