GreaseSpot Cafe

Men's Cologne

Cowgirl

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife bought me some Lacoste cologne for Xmas. It is good, but she says it it's more for when I go out to a club or with friends or something, where my Armani cologne is more appropriate for work. Personally, I don't know because too much of either makes me sneeze, but I guess they're good.

My husband likes homemade Rose, yes I said rose, soap. Go figure.And he doesn't smell like one when done but it works well with his body chemistry and balances things nice. Freshness......what more could a woman ask for?

hah, not funny!

Belle,

I have to agree with that choice , Antaeus by Chanel. This cologne was my favorite of all time. Can't seem to find it around here NY anymore.

I received a bottle of this cologne when I was on the WOW field back in 79-80 Chicago for Christmas present.

It was a magnet for a few longer smooches from the lovely ladies at area meetings back then. Even a few tongues as I recall.

Great fragrance. Pleasant memories.

branding.jpg

Edited by Hills Bro

Don't go getting all cocky, you NE'sters!

We've got Disney and Ft Lauderdale and the Keys here in FL!

And Antaeus and Drakkar are the liquids that make me melt..... no matter who's wearing them.

Belle - I know you'll relate to this one... as a child of the 80's...

Drakkar and POLO - remember Polo?

Nothing screams yuppie at a high school dance like a dude in a Izod shirt - no, make that TWO Izod shirts - wearing Polo.... :biglaugh:

Dmiller

this is what Chanel writes about Anteaus

Created by CHANEL perfumer Jacques Polge in 1981 to reflect the emergence of today's complex man. Inspired by the legend of the Greek hero Antaeus, the fragrance captures both the strength and sensitivity of modern man.

Antaeus was a giant in Greek mythology, the son of Poseidon (the god of the sea) and Gaia (goddess of the earth). This invincible fighter, who was invulnerable as long as he stayed in touch with his mother Earth, met his downfall only when Heracles (Hercules in Latin) overcame him by holding him above the ground in a vice-like grip. Men can be both strong and vulnerable, and the ANTAEUS fragrance reminds us of this by alluding to the theme of virility with tenderness and indulgence.

Fragrance Family

Leather, aromatic. Spicy Citrus with woody, leathery base notes.

Starts powerfully with Clary Sage and Lavender, then an evolution of Patchouli and a Sandalwood note. An amber note segues into honey and leathery hints of Rockrose and Spice.

There's your Patchouli