GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

Josh Turner - Long Black Train Josh turner - You Were Always On My Mind...Sorry Bow they didn't have "Loretta Lynn's Lincoln" yet...I will keep trying to dig it up ...Hope that you like these! Josh Turner - My Dreams

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bow-Love John Prine. I love "Dear Abbey" and "Glory of true love" too.If you like him you would like Jerry Jeff Walker. I'm into him as well.Bulwinkl-enjoyed your wife's song. Thanks nice voice.Thanks for the tip on J Hartfod. I'll look him upRG-Josh Turner, never heard of him, wow what a voice.Sudo-Loved that tune, more please.Here's one. It describes what I am going to be doing soon=.

Edited by polar bear

RainbowsGirl - Thanks so much! I could listen to Josh Turner all day long! And he's sure not bad to look at - especially when he smiles! Those were fun videos!

Polar Bear - Yes, I'm a fan of Jerry Jeff - got rained out the only time I actually had tickets to see him back in the early 80s, but oh yeah, if he came to town, you can bet I'd be in the audience!

Who's that guy singing that song in the latest one you posted? Being an avid Hartford fan, of course, I took a trip on the Julia Belle Swain when he was piloting - he shared his binoculars with me - the only time in my life I've ever been able to see through those things - had the time of my life singing his songs with him, cheek-to-cheek up there in the pilot house! Good thing my ex-husband was such a good sport!

Anything of his you want to know about - ask me, if I don't know, it'd be my extreme pleasure to find it out for you.

On a related note, his son, Jamie Hartford, is an awesome performer too - he's more bluesy and he does it well, as well as an outstanding mando player.

There you go Bow...a little John hartfordMississippi Dew Try Me One more Time Where Does An Old Time Pilot Go Mississippi Valley Hope these revive your fond memories!

Edited by RainbowsGirl

There you go Bow...a little John hartford

Hope these revive your fond memories!

Ah, the pressure - which to listen to first?!? This is Hartford Heaven!!!

Okay, Try me one more time, then Skippin' in the Mississippi Dew, and all in order - at least once! Oh yeah, we're having fun NOW!!!

Thanks, RG!!!

The princess and I just sang his song I Would Not Be Here, alternating lines - just kinda started it with no real plan and I was so impressed she knew every line just about perfectly! (That's one of the songs he and I sang together cheek-to-cheek! Mmmm, sweet memories!)

Edited by bowtwi

Did You say Encore Encore Bow???"Worried About it A Little bit But That's All" ( I really like this One) "Going To Work In Tall Buildings" ""Going Down The Wrong Road Again" "Learning to Smile All Over Again"

Edited by RainbowsGirl

What great talent - every one of them!!! Roy Husky Jr, Vassar Clements, Mark O'Connor, Sam Bush, abd the rest - I'll just leave it at that. Thanks for the great treat!!!

You said:

Did You say Encore Encore Bow???

"Worried About it A Little bit But That's All" ( I really like this One)

you got 3 (or was it 4?) of my all time favorite John tunes together there this time!

Worried About it a Little Bit is actually called The First Girl I Ever Loved - I usually play that one over and over about a dozen times when I can - (when I'm by myself -lol). I even love hearing his son play that one over and over... I worried about it a little bit, but that's all...

Again, thanks SO much! I've followed your instructions a few times and never can post. Now I have no need to - you've gotten about all I'd want to post on here!

OK... .. I hate when this happens but I discovered a band tonight... called The Subdudes... these guys have been producing albums since 1989... sheesh... where the HECK have I been??? Stuck in a cult perhaps <_ that the part i hate... so much music out there... buried... and now have to go find it play here a bit of there music... interesting.. ecclectic sound... width="425" height="350"> Another DAn...Thanks for the Bonnie Raitt...The Queen of Blues... and WHAT a guitarist... I saw her perform in 2005... Montreal Jazz FestivalShe said during the concert (she was quoting a friend of hers) ALL MUSIC is BLUESRock and Roll is Blues on DrugsGospel is Blues gone to ChurchJazz is Blues gone to CollegeAnd The Blues is just the Blues :D

Norah Jones - Somewhere Over the Rainbow Norah Jones - Are You Lonesome Tonight - A Tribute to Elvis [Video] Bono, Stevie Wonder, Norah Jones, Alicia Keys, Velve Norah Jones - Don't Miss you At All