GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

Don...

Wow..there you be!!!!!!!

Yes... i got chocked up watching her and a few goosebumps running up and down my back!!!

this stuff runs thru' her veins... it's not about her.. it's about the music... such a maturity to her.

but, alas, no parlez vous francais!!!.........thanks! that's why i translated (roughly) what was said before and after the song.

you can check out some other videos of hers as well as download a few songs for free on the website mentioned on youtube.

Edited by A la prochaine

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this album....yet I just saw this video....Interesting... when I was listening to one of Paw's podcasts... with his cousin from Ireland...he mentioned this album. Now the interesting part for me was ... that Paw's cousin mentions that when Robert Plant started the album with Alison, that she gave him some singing lessons... :biglaugh: Thank you Alison!!!! You've done the musical world a service! ( I can hear all the Who fans saying they would like strangle me right about now.) :unsure:

Edited by A la prochaine

Hi there, A la P.

That whole Alison/Robert CD is totally Killah!

I highly recommend giving a listen to Your Long Journey. ( a Doc Watson tune)

Re: Nikki

Thank you so much for calling my attention to her.

What a talented young lady she is, indeed.

Just wondering----Is she related to the late Zal Yanovski from Lovin' Spoonful and Mugwumps?

:wave:

Hi there, A la P.

That whole Alison/Robert CD is totally Killah!

I highly recommend giving a listen to Your Long Journey. ( a Doc Watson tune)

Re: Nikki

Thank you so much for calling my attention to her.

What a talented young lady she is, indeed.

Just wondering----Is she related to the late Zal Yanovski from Lovin' Spoonful and Mugwumps?

:wave:

Waysider,

I have no idea about Zal and Nikki being related. All I heard was that her parents were into music....whatever that means. I'd have to do some research?

I know that John Sebastian played with the loving spoonful....but I always thought that that group was 'english' except for John.

Now you've got me curious... i must find out~!!! <_<

In the guitar thread there has been a continual gravitation towards music in general.

So I was thinking there may be a few here who are interested in music and have not so much interest in guitars in general who are missing out on some of the great discussions we are having on music.

So I am propsing this thread in order to get to some of you who are interested in music in general.

Please feel free to post some ideas on your favorite tunes or artists.

I'm goint to start with an artist who I have seen live and would recommend to anyone who enjoys live music.

Her group has several albums and most of you would enjoy the Godly content.

Her name is Allison Krausse and her band is Union Station.

Here is a sample.<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Awesome thread! Allison's voice is inspirational. Well done.

• 3 weeks later...