GreaseSpot Cafe

Isn't life grand!!!

Cowgirl

I have 5 children, 3 of who are boys, 9 and two 8 yr olds................the boys had some friends over and were playing outside, they were trying to impress the girls, one of my sons starts throwing rocks on top of the van, he's impressed with his aim and gets a little more daring, while his two other brothers are standing by, witnessing all of this, thinking Oh this is fun!" he hurls a

rock right through the back window................GLASS EVERY WHERE !!! GO FIGURE!!!!

He's grounded for LIFE!!!!!

P.S. These are the same guys who last year cut all the tops to my tomato plants off!!

Is this typical for boys????

Both boys and girls are testing all sorts of bounderies at this age. It just so happens that for boys it often involves testing physical prowess. It's hard to believe now that these are the things you will look back at fondly in the future. Part of that boundry testing is seeing how Mom or Dad will react to such things. I guess in a sense it tests some of our bounderies of reaction as parents as well.

I have three boys/young men.

There was the time they built a fire against the house. Then in the house. One acident with the toaster almost had the kitchen.

Only one broken window.

The most fun. I came home one day and the oldest's truck was in the driveway. Both sides of the truck scratched up, ceder limbs hanging out of the grill guard. I run in the house to ask him if he was hurt. Huuuu, whaaaat. Turns out he and a friend started out playing chase in a field, then it moved to around trees, finally it was through the trees.

The oldest totaled two (one by fire), the second totaled one, and the youngest turns 16 in June. Thankfully none of the totals was their fault.

Edited by ex70'shouston

Let's see now, I had one broken window, one broken full length door mirror, one nearly broken thumb on the "annoying" older sister, one nearly shattered calf (retribution for the thumb), one broken water pipe, several flooded yards/basements, two trash can fires in the house, untold number of strange and unusual critters in the house (usually for the benefit of an older sister) oh and I musn't forget the truck being rolled into the street nearly every night for about a month.

I really cant remember everything...life is a lot of fun with children!

Fun times. :biglaugh:

Edited by Eyesopen