GreaseSpot Cafe

Cat Quotes

Tony Soprano

CAT QUOTES

No matter how much cats fight, there always seems to be plenty of kittens. -- Abraham Lincoln

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat. -- Mark Twain

The smallest feline is a masterpiece. -- Leonardo da Vinci

With their qualities of cleanliness, discretion, affection, patience, dignity, and courage, how many of us, I ask you, would be capable of becoming cats? -- Fernand Mery

I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior. -- Hippolyte Taine

Everything I know I learned from my cat: When you're hungry, eat. When you're tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet's, pee on your owner. -- Gary Smith

I'm aloof, I like to run around outside, but I also like to curl up in warm spots. I eat fish. -- Megan Coughlin on why she'd make a good cat

When I play with my cat, how do I know that she is not passing time with me rather than I with her? -- Montaigne

After scolding one's cat, one looks into his face and is seized by the ugly suspicion that he understood every word and has filed it for reference. -- Charlotte Gray

A dog will flatter you but you have to flatter the cat. -- George Mikes

You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals. -- George Mikes

One is never sure, watching two cats washing each other, whether it's affection, the taste or a trial run for the jugular. -- Helen Thomson

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this. -- unkown

A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs. -- Sarah Thompson

Cats are kindly masters, just so long as you remember your place. -- Paul Gray

Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you later. -- Mary Bly

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life. Music and cats. -- Albert Schweitzer

I have noticed that what cats most appreciate in a human being is not the ability to produce food which they take for granted, but his or her entertainment value. -- Geoffrey Household

If a dog jumps into your lap it is because he is fond of you, but if a cat does the same thing it's because your lap is warmer. -- A. N. Whitehead

I love cats because I enjoy my home, and little by little, they become its visible soul. -- Jean Cocteau

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. -- Leo Dworken

Like a graceful vase, a cat, even when motionless, seems to flow. -- George F. Will

A meow massages the heart. -- Stuart McMillan

Cats are the ultimate narcissists. You can tell this by all the time they spend on personal grooming. Dogs aren't like this. A dog's idea of personal grooming is to roll in a dead fish. -- James Gorman

If we treated everyone we meet with the same affection we bestow upon our favorite cat, they too, would purr. -- Martin Buxbaum

Cats always know whether people like or dislike them. But they don't always care enough to do anything about it. -- Winifred Carriere

If a cat does something, we call it instinct. But if we do the same thing, for the same reason, we call it intelligence. -- Will Cuppy

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker

Prowling his own quiet backyard or asleep by the fire, he is still only a whisker away from the wilds. -- Jean Burden

The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -- Lynn M. Osband

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. -- Robert A. Heinlein

As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human kind. -- Cleveland Amory

Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. -- Emile Auguste Chartier

Kittens are born with their eyes shut. They open them in about six days, take a look around, then close them again for the better part of their lives. -- Stephen Baker

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. - Ernest Hemingway

You can't own a cat. The best you can do is be partners. -- Sir Harry Swanson

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

hahahaha...lol

Do you BBQ them?

I have a smell colony of them myself. Cats are very cool indeed. God's created some cool stuff. I love my dogs too.

Glad you enjoyed!

TS

"Forget the gun. Take the cannoli."

• 2 months later...