GreaseSpot Cafe

Take the quiz: Are you a Heretic?

At least doctrinal debates won’t have to be the same old name-calling routine…instead:

T-Bone: How you get that out of the passage is beyond me! That is so typical of a Chalcedon compliant.

The Evan: Takes one to know one.

<_< To me, some of the questions were loaded. E.g.

"God is the Father, and Jesus is only a man"

DISAGREE? ---------------- AGREE?

"only"??? What if the question were framed this way?

"God is Spirit (John 4:24), and Jesus Christ is the man who is the mediator between God and man (I Timothy 2:5)"

DISAGREE? ---------------- AGREE?

I wonder on what part of the scale the quizzer would fall on that one.

My result:

You scored as Monarchianism.

You are a Monarchian. You seek to retain monotheistic belief but in doing so abandon the idea of a triune God. God exists as the Father only, though he can reveal himself in other ways in a manner similar to modalism. Jesus is a man who is adopted into the Godhead and given divine status. Jehovah's Witnesses still hold to this belief.

Monarchianism 100%

Socinianism 83%

Chalcedon compliant 67%

Pelagianism 50%

Arianism 33%

Adoptionist 17%

Gnosticism 17%

Monophysitism 17%

Nestorianism 17%

Apollanarian 0%

Albigensianism 0%

Docetism 0%

Donatism 0%

Modalism 0%

Cripes! Even with my sterling credentials of being booted out of TWI fifteen years ago, I'm still a heritic. They did, however, miss my Transcendetalist Libertarianism...

BTW, what's "The Eucharist" :confused:

This truly identifies nothing for me about what I think or believe! It reminds me of some of the strange tests I have taken in school that didn't seem to measure how much knowledge and practical application you had acquired; but merely wanted to mess you up with partially right and partially wrong answers....too control the results....In my book that measures control and how subject you are to allowing it to be in your life Ahhh maybe I am just too black and white....not enough shades of grey...All I can say is that it beats confusion. I do really have shades of grey; not predominately though! I know it's just for fun; but these type of test are so frustrating and inane

You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant

83%

Gnosticism

50%

Pelagianism

50%

Monarchianism

33%

Nestorianism

33%

Apollanarian

25%

Albigensianism

25%

Adoptionist

17%

Socinianism

17%

Arianism

0%

Monophysitism

0%

Modalism

0%

Donatism

0%

Docetism

I agree with you Belle they were trick questions with no real way to answer them entirely right

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Congratulations, you're not a heretic.

I agree with you Belle they were trick questions with no real way to answer them entirely right

Well at least you passed. I agree, I answered some of the questions halfway between agree and disagree because I needed a third answer for, "Huh?" or at least "I don't know" but I doubt that was the "right" answer. But then again, who made them the official keeper of right answers? Like you said, it was just for fun.

Edited by wrdsandwrks

Well at least you passed. I agree, I answered some of the questions halfway between agree and disagree because I needed a third answer for, "Huh?" or at least "I don't know" but I doubt that was the "right" answer. But then again, who made them the official keeper of right answers? Like you said, it was just for fun.

Dear Wrdsandwks,

Please except my apology for putting a damper on your thread! :redface2:

It just dredged up unfortunate test taking memories for me. I am kind of idealistic and worked hard and long in school and was proud of my accomplishments; partiocularily under the pressures I had then. I hated studing all night to be tricked in the morning for some irrational concept of a testing method!

Carry on and have fun All...I'm sorry sorry sorry! :(

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Dear Wrdsandwks,

Please except my apology for putting a damper on your thread! :redface2:

It just dredged up unfortunate test taking memories for me. I am kind of idealistic and worked hard and long in school and was proud of my accomplishments; partiocularily under the pressures I had then. I hated studing all night to be tricked in the morning for some irrational concept of a testing method!

Carry on and have fun All...I'm sorry sorry sorry! :(

Hey RG, I don't think you need to apologize at all, but thanks I thought you had a good observation, and I can totally relate to the test taking thing, I still have nightmares sometimes that I'm in a final exam and have no idea what the test is about or how to answer any of the questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I came up with:

Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

Here's another quiz from the same site on What's your theological worldview?Didn't know I was a Methodist. I would call myself more of a Charismatic than a Wesleyan, but I probably answered the Speaking in Tongues question "wrong?"How about you?Here are my results:

1118094766wesley-john.jpg You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

100%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

75%

Emergent/Postmodern

71%

Fundamentalist

61%

Reformed Evangelical

57%

Neo orthodox

54%

Classical Liberal

29%

Modern Liberal

14%

Roman Catholic

14%

What's your theological worldview?

created with QuizFarm.com

Edited by wrdsandwrks

You are a charismatic or pentecostal believer. You believe in the primacy of spiritual gifts and the importance of renewal of the body of Christ. You are likely to be suspicious of or even hostile to older non-charismatic churches and revival is high on your list of priorities. You are a firm believer that God's Spirit is as active today as in biblical times and you are likely to devote less time to academic study of the Bible and theology.

Charismatic/Pentecostal

71%

Classical Liberal

68%

68%

Emergent/Postmodern

61%

Reformed Evangelical

54%

Fundamentalist

54%

Modern Liberal

50%

Neo orthodox

46%

Roman Catholic

36%

Edited by ChasUFarley

:eusa_clap: I don't even know the scholars they mention in that quiz. :biglaugh: But they do seem to have come up with an answer for me that I do tend to agree with.

1118092834mclaren_nkoc.jpg You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern

86%

Classical Liberal

82%

Modern Liberal

61%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

46%

39%

Neo orthodox

36%

Roman Catholic

21%

Reformed Evangelical

14%

Fundamentalist

7%

What's your theological worldview?

created with QuizFarm.com

Hmmm…heavily influenced by Wesley and the Methodists…never would have thunk it.

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavily by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 93%

Classical Liberal 64%

Emergent/Postmodern 64%

Reformed Evangelical 46%

Fundamentalist 46%

Roman Catholic 32%

Neo orthodox 29%

Charismatic/Pentecostal 21%

Modern Liberal 18%

Edited by T-Bone

(I still can't believe no one got the D&D reference I made earlier...)

(are there no geeks in this forum??)

Well thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering about it, but I didn't want to to say that I didn't think that your description came from the quiz site.

Well I seem to be a Socinian Evangelical Wesleyan.

Now if somebody could just explain all that to me...

Can't I just be me???