GreaseSpot Cafe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to hear anything publically.

Nothing on tape, nor anything in the magazine.

I've answers from personal e-mails (initiated by myself),

but if I didn't initiate them, I wonder if I would have heard.

Does that answer your question?

in a way--it shows me that they really are just like ol' twi: "What they [the rank and file] don't know won't hurt us [the honchos]."

f*ckers.

That's what I thought, too, Sprawled. :eusa_clap: They learned well from their predecessors.

And John Shoenheit is still part of this clown posse, no? I guess that speaks very loudly about his true character these days.

in a way--it shows me that they really are just like ol' twi:

"What they [the rank and file] don't know won't hurt us [the honchos]."

Hmmmm. I don't get that inference at all.

And John Shoenheit is still part of this clown posse, no?

I guess that speaks very loudly about his true character these days.

Hmmmm. I don't get that inference at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're welcome to your opinions as (I hope), I am to mine.

Whatever the reason for *non-sharing* is a decision that was made.

Do I agree with the lack of sharing to those who partner with them??

No -- I do not.

But I don't call them names either.

Nor do I make assumptions about character (or the lack thereof).

The answers I got over the phone and through e-mail,

were both real and informative.

I was merely making the observation (in answer to a question),

that nothing has been made public yet (to my knowledge).

I hope that your responses weren't based on my post alone,

but I'm guessing they were -- fueled by twi memories.

As I said -- you're welcome to your own opinions.

(Yea -- I left out the *bad name* on purpose in the first quote.

It kinda stuck in the craw, and I couldn't type it.

Nor did I correct the speeling of John Schoenheit's name either,

in the second quote -- also on purpose.)

(ediited to add ~~~~~~~~~~~~~)

Edited by dmiller

yes, we're all entitled to our opinions, dmiller. (though i wonder if they'd agree with that at CES!)

it's curious to me that you got answers--i tried checking in on an old friend who's a muckety-muck at CES, and got blown off completely. maybe that's a function of the fact that i've never supported them in any way. but i have been friends with this guy for like 30 years--you'd think that would count for something!

and though my comment was informed by twi memories, those memories aren't the reason i made it. i've watched CES gradually close itself off--from a newsletter called "Dialogue" to closing their message boards--turning more and more into a near-clone of the thing they swore they'd never become.

you may call that my opinion. but i thinks it's just the facts.

DMiller said:

But I don't call them names either.

Nor do I make assumptions about character (or the lack thereof).

I wish the founder of CES was more like you, David.

I haven't heard anything from people I know in CES that wasn't already posted here, but it could be that they know how I feel about CES and choose not to discuss any developments with me.

Haven't heard a thing. Did get my new issue of Sower magazine, tho, and it was full color, so the budget is apparently not affecting that publication negatively.

I would suspect lawyers are settling the suit and that should be finished in 3-6 more months. Then you will hear of MG and KAG starting a new ministry somewhere....

Ho hum. We grow weary of this everlasting sameness.

Then you will hear of MG and KAG starting a new ministry somewhere....

It would work, maybe if they changed their legal names, and had their looks changed with plastic surgery..

sheesh.

It really wouldn't suprise me in the least.

But how to amass a following..

form a splinter group, from a splinter group?

• 4 weeks later...
I have heard a rumor that KAG has been hired as a consultant for the next Spiderman movie...

...supposedly, the title will be "Children of the nose hole"...

Groucho,

Honestly, do you know what a comment like this reveals to me? That you're really no better than the target of your little cheap shot. I'm certainly not supportive of what MG & KAG are doing, and I've already stated here how I feel about the abuse of the "prophetic" in CES/STF, but it's still obvious to me that crap like this is just unnecessary.

Please take this to heart: there have already been enough people having a jolly time posting low-blow, satirical "humor" in these threads at the expense of others. It's really not funny, so please let it rest.

Want to do something to actually help the situation? PRAY for EVERYONE involved. It's needed, trust me. Or, if you don't pray, you could take the advice my mother gave me long ago: If you don't have anything nice (or constructive, or at least remotely intelligent) to say, don't say anything at all.

Thank you,

~B

I dunno.. those sycophants have been living off of the resources of other people for sooooo long..

and it's not just money, it's love, adulation.. even worship..

I think the answer is well beyond prayer..

I really think it's like the days of Jezebel and Jehu.. a couple eunuchs hanging around.. "who's on the lord's side.. throw her down.."

he didn't request them to pray for her..

well, who knows.. I still don't see the rejoicing news of the brand pulled out of the fire here.

Ironically enough, it's JL who actually seems to have done SOMETHING and gotten a life so to speak.. and it's not about the bible, or being a moglet- I'm thinking of his college test preparation readiness thingy.

Which doesn't make sense to me.. why appear here "on behalf of" the organization?

I think the record in Kings is significant and applicable here. The error of Jezebel also concerned "prophecy".

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

Groucho,

Honestly, do you know what a comment like this reveals to me? That you're really no better than the target of your little cheap shot. I'm certainly not supportive of what MG & KAG are doing, and I've already stated here how I feel about the abuse of the "prophetic" in CES/STF, but it's still obvious to me that crap like this is just unnecessary.

Please take this to heart: there have already been enough people having a jolly time posting low-blow, satirical "humor" in these threads at the expense of others. It's really not funny, so please let it rest.

Want to do something to actually help the situation? PRAY for EVERYONE involved. It's needed, trust me. Or, if you don't pray, you could take the advice my mother gave me long ago: If you don't have anything nice (or constructive, or at least remotely intelligent) to say, don't say anything at all.

Thank you,

~B

Why does this particular ministry need to be preserved? I mean, if it were truly a ministry, then we wouldn't be seeing the problems we're seeing in the magnitude we're seeing it.

God is still God, He will take care of each and every one of His children in the way each of them needs to be cared for. The ministry - any ministry - cannot become yet another idol. Perhaps it ceased being a ministry a long time ago and outlived its usefullness.

The whole "nose-spider" thing should be a major reminder to everyone that no matter how sincere a group's beginnings are and no matter how great the "package" seems to be, we ALL still need to be on guard. Or else these "great Gifts to the Church" become little more than Trojan horses.

Your point about prayer is valid.

Edited by doojable

Why does this particular ministry need to be preserved? I mean, if it were truly a ministry, then we wouldn't be seeing the problems we're seeing in the magnitude we're seeing it.

I don't pray for CES. I pray for the folks involved.

Maybe there are those who would say it's all one and the same thing,

but I for one don't see it that way.

I don't pray for CES to be healed. Whether it stands or falls as a *ministry*,

is *small potatos* versus the lives of the people involved and their personal day-by-day walk.

I pray for the folks (both individually and collectively) to find healing.

The people (not the ministry) is what is important.

God has gottten along fine without CES -- (Or ANY organized group as an org),

but He has always (imo) loved the individual commitment.

I think this is what Billy D was referring to, though I don't presume to speak for him.

:)

Edited by dmiller

is *small potatos* versus the lives of the people involved and their personal day-by-day walk.

I think this is what Billy D was referring to, though I don't presume to speak for him.

I agree with everything you said in this post. I was trying to make the same points - I guess I just didn't do as good a job as you did, David.

Yes, dmiller, that is EXACTLY what I was referring to. Thanks!

And Hamm, just so that you know, if it's God's will for CES/STF to cease to exist as an organization, I am ok with that. I don't believe that it IS God's will for CES/STF to cease to exist, but I am just a man and am most decidedly NOT God!!

:biglaugh:

I guess time will tell, won't it?

Thanks!

~B

The whole "nose-spider" thing should be a major reminder to everyone that no matter how sincere a group's beginnings are and no matter how great the "package" seems to be, we ALL still need to be on guard. Or else these "great Gifts to the Church" become little more than Trojan horses.

Hey doojable!

I agree with you in principle about being on guard (wise as serpents and harmless as doves). I mean, we ARE dealing with human beings, after all. Nasty little creatures, aren't we??

:rolleyes:

I don't know if you meant to classify Groucho's comment as a "reminder." In my opinion, it's a bit of a stretch! If so, Groucho could have found a much more loving way of "reminding" us.

Yes, dmiller, that is EXACTLY what I was referring to. Thanks!

And Hamm, just so that you know, if it's God's will for CES/STF to cease to exist as an organization, I am ok with that. I don't believe that it IS God's will for CES/STF to cease to exist, but I am just a man and am most decidedly NOT God!!

I guess time will tell, won't it?

Thanks!

~B

Billy -- I thought that was what you meant.

Hey -- I got something right for once!! ;)

Aw shucks!!! Thanks! :redface:

(Now if I could only convince you about correct pizza toppings!!)

I'm sorry, I was too busy making a pizza WITHOUT FRUIT TOPPINGS to understand what you were talking about.....

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: