GreaseSpot Cafe

Free's Adieu Thread

I Love Bagpipes

I only know the guy based on a brief interlude but from my assessment he is a little dillussional. I don't think he would be a danger to anyone, but he lives in a world in which only he shares.

Oh and he does tend to stretch the truth ( and I am being kind in that statement )

Edited by FreeAtLast

in my opinion carol

if you don't like paw why don't you take your bagpipes far out into a field somewhere and blow them

this is paws site and he calls them as he sees them

as they say don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out!

as for me and my house we will stand by paw

Interesting overreaction, coolchef.

I've met ILB and Paw once, at last year's Texas BBQ. Neither of them seemed to me to be anything but caring and honest. I'm sure Paw feels a lot of responsibility to keep his site free from predators (of any sort). That doesn't mean he wasn't wrong about the associate of ILB's. Unfortunately, I'm in the same position as WhiteDove. I have no idea what's going on. So, rather than take sides, I'll let Paw and ILB iron it out. And I hope they do.

George

Well, It would be good for both to bring resolve..if possible.

I know ILB, and she is a woman who carry's her heart on her sleeve,she has carefully held my heart while I was mending like some of the old fogies from GS, and Paw I understand your stand...I just am burdened to see this stuff going...I have held my tongue...I dont have all the facts nor do I want to know..

Putting a stumbling block in front of a brother is a very bad thing..

hugs to both..

One more thing dont mess with a southern woman...jokin:)

Edited by likeaneagle

Personally, I'd like to not hear about any of this. It isn't my business. I can't do anything about it. I don't like to make decisions without all the data - and I have no need for all the data.

This is a private matter that needs to be solved privately - or dropped. Otherwise, it just feeds a rumor mill - and we all know where that leads.....

This isn't my business - so I'm leaving it alone.

After reading my post I hope you all understand I wasn't referring to PAW. I was somewhat agreeing with PAW's assessment of the situation and would have been thankful if someone had prepared me for what I had to deal with in regard to this individual.

Truth is you got information about someone because you asked for an opinion of someone else. What you do with that opinion is your business. If later you disagree with the opinion that was given you, again that's your business. It doesn't make PAW a bad person just because he views this person differently, or has had negative experiences with the individual.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but ......

It seems to me that the more this is spoken of, the more drama is created if nothing else because NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON!

It's private and the public forum is not the place for this.

IMNSHO....

Pipes, my friend.

I have to agree with my friend dooj, and ask you very politely, and in the most loving way......to just SHUT UP. :evildenk:

Enuff is enuff. You have a difference in the way an issue was handled. Ok. Handle it privately, or just live with it. The Way Inc., stunk at conflict management. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is having flashbacks.

Pipes, my friend.

I have to agree with my friend dooj, and ask you very politely, and in the most loving way......to just SHUT UP. :evildenk:

Excuse me? This is very out of character from what I know of you, Ex10.

Is this what GSC is all about? Just shutting up? And why is it all directed at Pipes and no one else? Free got her say. Let Pipes have hers for goodness sakes!

Paw hasn't said much. My take is he really was trying to protect Pipes, but he hasn't said much so that is my assumption.

No, I don't need more details, but obviously Pipes felt she needed to tell her side. So be it.

That's what we do here, isn't it?

Personally, I don't think anyone is taking sides, Pipes. Really, I don't.

to say to another to shut up implies you do want them to stop talking because your do not agree with what they are stating to the point of refusing to engage in any type of hearing what they say and with a brute force type of word.

this is not allowing cooler heads to prevail. it is dismissing the other opinion and demanding it go away.

what right does anyone have to say to another to shut up? those who feel they can. to me it is in the bully atmosphere that this forum engages in and is exactly what bagpipes quoted from the book in action .

group think and who has the bigger power base of popularity of who knows who and who was once somebody in a cult or in an off shoot.

all of that plays out still here on this forum. and dictates who has the power and "stand" hahaha to be able to play out their role.

it has always worked and it always will.

personaly i think it is a hoot. I laugh at your games when you play them out so clearly I was also in the way I know how they are played so sneaky and trite and mean and destructive, no one is even aware of how they keep doing it, under the guise of somone who cares oh hell is that not how we all ended up taking pfal? because you wanted answers and someone loved you enough to have you get involved? and you believed them and got sucked into a system of corruption beyond your dreams?

lol . power and say so was the motivation in twi and it often comes down to the same desires in life at this forum.

people rarely change their spots and certainly even if recognized almost always will use them again as a last resort to be right.

it is in the training kids.

power is a learned thing and feels good, the forum is here because those who sought it maybe even had it still want that type of connection !

Bag pipes

here is the thing and i love you , your trying to explain to this forum that you are angry with pawtucket and you disagree with him about your wow brother.

ok I get that. you can be right now. so your right. this man who you know is worth alienating your friends at grease-spot?

you can stil be of a different opiion than pawtucket and post here. I might also be of a different opion than many on this web site and i believe IM right. so what?

I have no need to be right and cause harm to another . and i have no need to be so right i would give up posting here.

that does not mean I have changed my mind on IM right, just that their right is right for them and mine is for me, and love can and does prevail in a peaceful sense of this is just an internet forum I do not have to wash their undies or name my first born child after them.

you took all of this personal. why? because you chose to invest in this man in question and formed a differnt opion of him than the one pawtucket said to you.

pawtucket might have spoken to you abut him because HE CARES ABOUT YOU!!!! and wants no harm to come to you!!!!

that cant be all bad can it? think about it just for a moment and what was pawtucket motive?

who is right or wrong in this case is important because you have strong feelings about your wow brother(ok ok bagpipes sounds like the loyality letter of how wows are cominted in salt or some cult crazy thinking dang crap dang sorry but true) YUCK!

you decided to give the wow brother your ears to hear because while involved in twi you loved him!!!

ok ok not exactly healthy base line for arelationship on top of the fact Paw has had words of warning about him.

so you took the"side" of your wow brother.

i know I know you FEEL this as genuine rightness because along the line paw made you feel angry and your wow brother reunited has not yet done that.

relatinships do indeed get icky messy and damaging hello if you care about one another it is bound to happen the day comes when you disagree., and the strength of that reationship is tested.

you and pawtuckets got a trial of your relationship.

did you fight for it? NO! you went to this twi wow brother thingy frame of mind and invested in that completely and wholly accusing Paw of not being a friend when in FACT he did all he could for you as a person who CARES for your well being!!!!!

so you do not agree with who is dude is.

SO WHAT???

you could be right you could be wrong and same for pawtucket !

but your the one who didnt givethe relationship you have with pawtucket a chance to be believed in.

bagpipes your the one doing EXACTLY what you accuse pawtucket of, your the one who attacked pawtucket because he disagrees with your assesment of the wow brother.

and he has been your friend and his only motive was to protect you.

i tell you what any relationship that destroys another is not worth it.

this dude has pulled you away from soemthing you like, something that has helped you heal from l damage done by the very group you align and find loyalty for the wow brother with!! He has isolated YOU from people who care about you.

Christ i hope for your sake he is worth it. think babpipes think . is your eed to be right about him worth it? is he worth it? Pawtucket did NOT say to you believe me about this guy or you can no longer write on the forum or share, but you drew the line in the sand and said .

I will not post again because he is wrong about "my wow brother" Jesus knows bagpipes with comments as strong as that you still have alot of connection to twi in your head.

recognize that for a minute and remember Paw was only trying to love you . what is the wow brother motive? you sure?

pawtucket has shown his motive and heart for years here . things got ugly IM sure as love does a twist like that when we care. happens to all of us who feel passion about stuff and people.

stop the hate and try looking at it with eyes of love for once why would pawtucket hurt you? maybe he did hurt you. and you gave it right back. the source of this crap is that wow brother, so you are his princess of grace and have a need to save his representation in this forum?

but you need to leave to do so? sounds fishy pipes real fishy.

do not dismiss a friend because you disagree.

time is not doen and the whole story isnt out pipes love them both and stop for Gods sake taking on all these mens issues in life. your not jesus nor can you change the facts or people opinons.

I think you made a mistake in cutting off what may be your only source of truth.

Hey guys..

This is just a FYI post. Paw is getting very very tired of this kind of thing. This is *his* forum so he sets the rules and the standards. He has bent over backwards to be "fair" to everybody concerned. That's his nature. But more than a few of us moderators are fed up with the abuse being heaped on Paw's head. We're in discussions now.

He pays for this board out of his own pocket. He buys the software he buys the bandwidth. He does this as a service for those who have been maligned, hurt and abused by TWI. He asks very little of the posters here in return. I'm telling you guys all this because you guys really don't want *me * taking measures here. I'd ban everyone of your butts for making trouble for Paw.. I just don't feel he'd like me to do that just now. I serve as a moderator at Pawtucket's pleasure. I do as I'm instructed but right now he's about had it.

DooWap

Im not trying to hurt Pawtucket, I do appreciate this forum.

Im sorry if your angry with what I wrote, ya know , i was only replying on a thread to bagpipes who had alot to say.

I didnt mean any harm to pawtucket or disrespect.

you can erase the thread, im surprised it got this far myself.

ilb,

I am not going to apologize for my opinion. And I don't really care if you agree or not, it's a free country. WHAT I is as Pond said, my opinion.

One of the great things about GS is that you experience the transition from having to agree with the TWI byline of the day to the absolutely wonderful world of debate, disagreements and critical thinking. If you choose to leave because we don't see eye to eye, that is your decision and I respect that. But please don't leave because of my opinion of your wow brother. My opinion is based on about 6 years of aggravation by him on this forum, but that is my opinion. I have not in any way censored you or your husband. I have let you vent your frustration.

I stay very low key on this forum. In chat one night, someone fairly new, asked how long I had been on GS. I liked that. It isn't about me.

If getting angry with me helps your journey, get angry!! If leaving GS helps your journey, then leave. Best wishes.

I've had enough of this also.

Don't care what happens on another forum.

Don't care if someone agrees with Paw or not.

The person in question violated the forum rules here and was shown the door. Same would happen for anyone else doing the same.

Topic closed. Further posts on the subject will just be deleted.

Don't like it, go start your own forum (I'm not as gracious as Paw).