GreaseSpot Cafe

The Cone of Barry

Raf

Well, it's pouring in Fort Lauderdale, but we need the rain further upstate, where Lake O is. Otherwise, we're going to make New Orleans look like a minor inconvenience.

It doesn't look too bad, so I hope it helps since Florida needs rain so badly.

We'll see how this year goes for hurricanes. For me, I'm fortunate enough to have bought a house further from the ocean, and I'm now on a list of critical personnel at work, which means if a hurricane might head this way, I get sent to our company's backup location in Dallas, along with my family.

It has turned into a wonderful rain for us. It got harder last night and continued all night long. This morning I've been watching it fall and I swear you can see the grass and plants getting greener before your eyes. We are so thankful. And I hope it puts out some of our fires also.

It seems to be getting less in rain now. The sun is out but the birds are literally dancing outside and the grass is celebrating so loud I can almost hear it. We could still use a full week of rain and not get our water tables up though. This has been a rough year of drought it seems.

I hope y'all get more rain and us also, actually everywhere there are fires and drought.