GreaseSpot Cafe

How can one have NO FRIENDS when it comes to the word of God?

year2027

God first

06-06-2007

Beloved my dear friends

God loves us all my dear friends

I have a small question about what I call a foolish statement of the Way ministry cult

How can one have NO FRIENDS when it comes to the word of God?

Because to have the word of God one must have a least two friends God and Jesus the Christ.

To live love one must love all people no matter what others say or think so I see one having many people as friends the ones they are trying to help

so to say you has no friends when it comes to the word of God the person with no friends has not the true word of God

the person with the word of God see’s all people as his friends as people he might be able to help

I will stop here and see what you think about this

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

I think it morphed from "I have no friends when it comes to the word of God" to:

"I have no friends".

Those still in that organization have no real friends.

At least that they know of. Here on the outside, they have more friends than they can count.

Inside of the household of "perfection", they can't have friends. someone who is closer than a brother.

It's like a few other religions.. they have no friends, when it come to the Koran.. or Budha.. I think the Living God gives you a reason to be a friend with anybody.

But don't even think of touching their idol, they'll bite your hand off.

God first

Beloved Mr. Hammeroni

God loves you my dear friend

I love that statement from you "Those still in that organization have no real friends.

At least that they know of. Here on the outside, they have more friends than they can count"

yes we teach the truth about the way ministry with hopes they will join us as friends

yes another truth "But don't even think of touching their idol, they'll bite your hand off"

yes their classes and books are hands off as are their lies

you have blessed my heart thanks

thank you

The orginal meaning was the idea that it didn't matter what my friends through, when it comes to the Word of God, I go with God, not my friends. In other words I'm not going to give up what the word says just because of what my friends think.

Unfortunatly it morphed into "I will have no friends who don't believe the same way I do."

God first

Beloved Keith

yes the Way cult has changed it into "Unfortunatly it morphed into" "I will have no friends who don't believe the same way I do."

thank you

VPW always took a negative look when defending a gospel, as if we were so self-righteous that we would turn away from those who disagreed with the Word, rather than win them over with the Word. VPW basically said the Word was a divider, not a unifying force. The old phrase, divide and conquer is true. So if the Word is a divider, then we are easily conquered.

Guess that means that if we have no friends when it comes to the Word, we are NOT super-conquerers in Christ.

I prefer to think, especially at GS, that we DO have friends when it comes to the Word.

I always thought it was meant to suggest you should pledge your commitment to the organization, not to the organization's members, kinda like the old term "company man".

To me, that definition seemed to make sense because we were convinced that there was no real "Word" outside of TWI's confines.

What should be your criteria, if you are a Christian, is "Is what I am doing something that God would approve of?"

If it isn't I shouldn't be doing it.

If I have a friend who demands that I do otherwise, I probably need to cut that friend loose. Note I didn't say "if my friend is not doing what God approves of I should cut him loose" my statement was only regarding what my friend was demanding of me, in other words, MY ACTIONS.

TWI and many many other churches, have taken this most common sense of positions and added a whole plethora of other criteria. IF your friends, drink, dance, gamble, if they go to a different church, if they read certain books, or don't go to church get away from them- goes their party line.

Always wondered how we are to show our friends about the Love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ if we are only friends with those who agree with us theologically.

We are to be lights. One candle in a room filled with candles is just another candle. One candle in a pitch black cellar is light to see the dangers by. If anything, we should hold our friends who are wandering in darkness even closer letting them experience the love of God through our hearts and actions.

Living behind walls whether physical or psychological and letting no one in and never venturing out, does no one any good. Not only are others deprived of learning from you, but you can only stagnant and loose whatever you had.

. . . "Is what I am doing something that God would approve of?"

. . .

What Would Jesus Do?

or as twi says:

"Does my walk Glorify God?"

twi always had me developing a sense of "Spiritual Correctness." Always asking myself if what I'm doing and thinking at every moment is "The Best". And since most of the time I don't know, they are always ready with their ideas.

God first

Beloved templelady and Bolshevik

God loves us my dear friends

templelady - "What should be your criteria, if you are a Christian" to live love without pushing my understanding which can be wrong as can my friend

why the bible tells us what we think is to be approve of by God but we still are not the judge

I have friends have had friends "demanding of me" to cut them lose I have cut them lose

you have pointed out alot of points were we need to search as what to do if we can do anything

Bolshevik - yes "What Would Jesus Do?" or like some have said before twi and after twi "Does my walk Glorify God?"

yes twi was all ways ready to judge by their knowledge

thank you

The answer as to whether what I am doing is what Christ would do or what a Christian should do, can for me only come from my understanding of what Chirst would want me to do. So if I lack understanding or knowledge in an area any decisions I make will reflect that lack.

Many times I am not sure so then I have to think about it in other ways.

Will doing what I am thinking about cause problems in my life whether financial, physical or other?

Will doing what I am thinking about cause others to be hurt unneccessarily?

Do I have some deep doubts as to whether I think my conduct would be considered as proper?

Would I care if everyone I know knows what I am going to do, or do I have a need to keep it secret from certain people

Usually honestly answering the above will give a pretty good indication as to whether the course of action under consideration is a good thing or a bad thing.

When all else fails most of us have a pretty good Idea of what we should or should not do--the problem is when we act without thinking it through.

God first

Beloved templelady

I like the way you share your heart as you get us to learn to think before we act

your reply blesses me again

thank you for your wisdom